Which Trike Kit? - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Which Trike Kit?

What is everyone that has trikes opinion as to the best trike kit? What are all of the brand names of trike kits for GL1800?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Chromeaphobe

You might be better off in the TRIKE FORUM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2010 Red GL1800
Progressive Monos/Ultimate
2005 Silver GL1800-TE(sold)
Iron Butt-B2B,BB1500,SS1000
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Turbine surgeon
I swear I am in the trike forum.............I think?

Depends on what you like. I liked the suspension on the Hannigan....Didn't care for the looks.

I also liked California Side Car suspension, but felt that the wheel base was a tad wide. It just seemed out of proportion.

I finally settled on a "do-it -yourself" Champion kit. Several bucks cheaper, had fun building it, like the looks. Don't have any regrets.

However, had I known that a Champion IRS would have been available this year, I would have waited.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Squating Member

The one they are riding....

seriously, there are no bad trike kits.....installed correctly is the key...and we've beat that horse to death...

Get the one that you like, appeals to your eye...get a great installer and go for it....

I like my California Side Car, and guess what, that's what I'm riding....see I told you so.

Hers-2007 Goldwing CSC Trike, Silver
His-2013 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic, Hot White Pearl.
Bushtec Roadstar,
Blue Knights KYII, Life Member HOG,Iron Butt Member,AMA Member
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBLUE View Post
The one they are riding....

seriously, there are no bad trike kits.....installed correctly is the key...and we've beat that horse to death...

Get the one that you like, appeals to your eye...get a great installer and go for it....

I like my California Side Car, and guess what, that's what I'm riding....see I told you so.
Hey there KYBLUE tell us how ya' really feel?
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 PM
beastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikker View Post
What is everyone that has trikes opinion as to the best trike kit? What are all of the brand names of trike kits for GL1800?

What is everyone that has cars opinion as to the best car?

Opinions are like noses.

You might want to look here to see how many of each kit are represented here on the trike forum...

Gl-1800 anti-dive unit disable
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Seasoned Member

As you can see, I have a '05 Motor Trike kit hung on my '02 two wheeler. I got 38-40 mpg on my two wheeler. I get 22-24 on my trike. My Kabota tractor has a slightly better ride it and corners much better. It wears tires out like they were made of bubble gum. I buy stop leak by the case for the differential. (Mustang V6) I have snapped two drive shafts and had a bent rim installed with the kit. I have spent over $51,478.46 on this trike since I got it. (this price does not inclued the price of the two wheeler) I bought the EZ Steer triple tree under the advisement of this group. It has broken twice and the trike is not steering to well at present. Most of the kits are overpriced and work poorly, junk, if you will.....and I only have 129 miles on my trike......

Gee, I love that machine.....

Riding a '02 Orange GW with a '05 Motor Trike kit and a 2014 Cognac RT-Ltd Spyder.
SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

If you have not been to Luckenbach, you have not completed your journey.

MY NAME IS GEORGE LEWIS. Retired USAF and Sony Corp. 83 years old, MY EMAIL IS: scoot62@aol.com
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Can I advertise too?
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Seasoned Member

I researched all/most of them and settled on either DFT, Hannigan or CSC. Ended up with a CSC. Try to ride all u can and see which one u like. One of the prim issue is the installer. A good installer = a good trike; a bad one = a bad trike.

03-candy red - GL1800 ABS w/08 CSC Trike kit, 2014 Honda Forza.
Past:07-black and red - Suzuki VL800 Boulevard (C50), 98-Valkyrie Tour, 75-Honda CB750 K5, 67-Yamaha 200, 57 Cushman, 49-Cushman - Inverted Bath tub

> I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. - Groucho Marx
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Seasoned Member

My wife and I got to ride several different trikes while trying to make up our minds on which trike kit we liked best. In Spartanburg at the state rally we drove a CSC Cobra that we liked. In Daytona we rode a trike shop kit(I think Rodesmith) that I kept feeling like I was going to fall off of in the turns, and didn't like. After riding several others we settled on the Champion kit. It is now on order and we hope to have it installed and riding by mid-May. The choice for us was really between the California Side Car (CSC) and the Champion. The deciding factor was that the dealer I do most of my business with sells mostly Champion. I have been accused of being an employee of the dealer or a relative as I have made a couple of references to how much I like them and how great they are to work with so I will refrain from naming them now. I guess my point is, after all my rambling..............go ride as many as you can and see what fits you and your needs the best. I believe they are all good and differences are just personal preferences. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2649 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page