Insta Trike Review - GL1800Riders
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Insta Trike Review

We picked the Bike up Saturday Morning and did 60 miles to get home..Mostly back country roads (hills and Curves) and short sections of 4 lane state highways..All I can say is I am very is very stable and the ride was smooth(no wooble or shaking)even over rough patches and several railroad crossings...Smooth as silk..I was totally shocked the ride was as good as it was was..I did get several double takes on the roadway and a few Thumbs up as well!!!...When we got home I took the unit off to get familiar with the mechanics of the took 5 mins to remove the unit and 5 to put it back on..This Unit is very user friendly.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 PM
How was the effort to steer???
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

It was very easy as far as I am concerned..just a mild Push, Pull on the handle bars ..nothing harsh or difficult. Should you get a chance to try them out you should.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I'd like an answer to my ? after you've taken a much longer ride, like an over-nighter somewhere.
Love to try one on a Wing! Only dealer around me never has one mounted to any Wings he has. He only mounts them on customers bikes and I'm not about to ask anyone, espercially a stranger to ride their bike!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Seasoned Member
That is the Tow-Pac kit, correct? Or, is it the Voyager kit?

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Its a Tow-Pac Inc, I will provide more updates we are planning a smokies trip at the end of the month.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Seasoned Member
We had one for a couple years before we put the MotorTrike on, nothing bad to say about it. Put about 4000 miles on it. Another local fella bought it and it is still going strong.

A little harder to stear in the twisties than the trike, but not too bad, and the rear tire on the bike wore a little quicker it seemed.

Very well made we thought.

Vicki and Duane
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Seasoned Member
I had a voyager kit on my old shadow spirit and it was the worst thing I did. I could not recommend it to anyone. The ride was terrible unless u were on an absolutely smooth road.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Installed a kit about 2 weeks ago and I love it.. Due to health and medical reasons it was becoming impossible to hold the beast up and a full trike kit wasn't financially possible..

I talked to several owners and my dealer and heard wonderful things.. Talking to those who had trikes but never owned insta-trike said bad things or said it would just be a waste of money..

Having ridden both a full trike (over 2500 miles) and insta-trike (just over 500 miles) I can tell you a full trike rides better but the insta-trike is a GREAT vehicle add-on.. For the money difference and knowing everyones budget is different I would not be afraid or hesitant to recommend the insta-trike to anyone..

I had the unit dealer installed and have loved every minute of the ride.. If you are considering buying due to finance or just for safety reasons let me say that you won't regret the move.. It is also a great way to make sure you want a trike before shelling out $10k-$20k only to find out you don't want it..

The kits run $3000 - $3800 and re-sell for around $2500.. My dealer has sold and installed several kits and have upgraded several of those bikes to full kits after a year or two and helped the owner sell their used instatrike..

Overall a great add-on for someone who severely needed it and once again enjoying riding and no worries about dropping it and now having relaxed hassle free rides..

Anybody thinking about this kit and have questions feel free to drop me a pm and I will be glad to answer and help...

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Just got back from The Dragons Tail

Well we put 850 miles on the the insta trike..could not have gone smoother..Did the Dragon 2 times and we couldnt have had a better time, We met some great Goldwingers down there. Lots of MC traffic on the Skyway and the weather was terrific..All I can say is the kit did great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page