GL1800Riders Forums banner

Roadsmith Trike Kit?

5K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  KJ5IX 
#1 ·
Anyone have knowledge of this? Tell me all that you can! Does it compare to the Motortike Kit? A friend of mine is looking to buy one.

#2 ·
A friend of mine just bought one Saturday. It was a toss up between the motortrike and the Roadsmith, he got the 2012 roadsmith. All I can say is I think they look better and it is a blast to ride.:cool:

#3 ·
Roadsmith

OK I had a roadsmith installed. The installer sucked but I did not know this at the time. He did a terrible job. THE BAD :evil:

NOW THE GOOD: :yes1: Went down to Daytona for bike week stopped at the Roadsmith trike shop. Asked a few questions about the trike.

They put it in the shop to look at it. Well I was going on a cruise so let it it stay there for one week. They completely went through

the kit fixed everything even did a few adjustments to the bike. ALL THIS AT NO COST TO ME, except to leave bike so they could work on it.

It did not cost me a penny. Plus they made the original installer come to Daytona to watch and learn while they corrected the items.

I can not say enough GOOD things about a Roadsmith. Plus it is a great handling trike. I have since had a Champion which I liked

but am looking at a another Roadsmith in the near future. My experience only. Bob

#4 ·
I love my Roadsmith and the folks at the Trike Shop of Daytona are incredible in every way...before, during and after the sale :thumbup:

#5 ·
RoadSmith Trike Kit

Have put 22,000 on my RoadSmith Trike Kit since having it installed 18 months ago and Love it. Also the service in Dayton at The Trike Shop is the best. It is worth anybody's time that is looking at triking to try out the new RoadSmith kit.

#7 ·
Love my Road Smith and the company support. It's much simpler but proven mechanism, longer wheelbase, has automatic ride height control and it looks good. Love the ride!

The installer is key! (True for any trike)

#8 ·
You can call the The Trike Shop and get help anytime they are open. I didn't have any luck calling Motor Trike. You get the car part numbers for all of the items that are from a car. That means when you need brake pads they are much less expensive.
Dave

#9 ·
we do about 70-90 Roadsmith's trikes a year.All I can say is there is never a problem with any of them..

Some preferences with trike kits are personal, and we are all different in what we like. But what Mr. Harris states above has been absolutely correct in my experience with one RoadSmith conversion. In my mind, the peace of mind and confidence in the design and performance of the RoadSmith kit, plus the way the Trike Shop stands behind it's great product makes it the best choice overall. I bought mine to ride, and the things I read here and hear otherwise reinforce my belief that I made a very wise choice when I bought a RoadSmith. I can also testify that if any of you are interested in a great installer, you should contact Bill and Beverly at Pickups, Trikes, and More located just north of Portales, New Mexico.

#10 ·
I think the Roadsmith rides better than the Motor Trike. It is longer and a little wider. I have a MT and 70K on and love the ride, and the active air system, but a little bumpy for the wife on occasion. Cant go wrong with the Roadsmith.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.