Dodd Cycles Haleyville AL - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Dodd Cycles Haleyville AL

Just happened to stop by their shop yesterday while on a very nice day "lunch ride". Have been by their shop many times before, but never stopped in. To say the least; I was impressed with their shop, their inventory, and the attitude of the the Dodd son (sorry, forgot his name). For a small shop in a small town pretty much in the AL hills close to "nowhere", they got it going on!!

Pearl Hot Rod Yeller is the fastest, gets better mileage, attracts fewer bugs, better looking owners, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Must be true; you read it here!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Seasoned Member

Dodd's Trikes and Bikes.....

Dodd's Trike Shop!
I would imagine in the unforeseen future I'll own a trike? So, several months ago I drove over to Dodd's to look at their operation on the recommendation of friends, Mike and Janie, who have purchased two CSC Trikes from Dodd's. I also, was interested in purchasing a rear wheel or two for my run-flats .......which I did!
Knowing little about trikes, Mr. Dodd took considerable time in explaining different kits, etc.. The shop was clean, well organized! I appreciate the time the Dodd's spent with me! When the time comes to go triking, I'll be spending more time at Dodd's!
Dodd's Trikes and Bikes
1355 11 Ave., Haleyville, Alabama 35565
(205) 269-0421
www.doddcycles.com

***ATGATT...(All The Gear All The Time)...
***Double Darksider #835...
Nokian Run-Flat/BT-45
***TENNESSEE TRAVELER #005...
***IBA #46556...
***MTF #Boot2010...
***2012 Mini Mate Camper...
***IBMC...
***MOTO Camper...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Contributing Member

Dodds Trikes

When I had to sacrifice my trike Dodd saw my ad on this forum and contacted me. We worked out a deal. Now I am in BC Canada
the trike was a US trike. All I had to do was get the trike below Seattle to a friend of his. He looked at trike to verify condition and
handed me a check. Dodd took care of delivery to Al. He got a great trike which he sold at a profit but at the time I had to sell and time
was of essence. Yes I would purchase from him in the future. He gave me more money than I was offered by board members who
wanted me to pay them to take the trike. Bob
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Terri

Glad to hear this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Contributing Member

I've been looking for an 1800 for a while and I just found out about them. They have several bikes for sale and even more trikes. I'm going to drive up there asap. The hardest thing about finding a wing is everyone seems to be triking them. I am looking for a bike though. So many bikes I might have bought but they're all dang trikes now!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 11:23 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtech50 View Post
I've been looking for an 1800 for a while and I just found out about them. They have several bikes for sale and even more trikes. I'm going to drive up there asap. The hardest thing about finding a wing is everyone seems to be triking them. I am looking for a bike though. So many bikes I might have bought but they're all dang trikes now!
Check the Forums For Sale Section always some there and cycle trader.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IBA#5831
Life Member NRA, HOG, AMA

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:00 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickathome View Post
For a small shop in a small town pretty much in the AL hills close to "nowhere", they got it going on!!
Watch what you say. I was born and raised in Haleyville, the location where our 911 dialing system originated.

John

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'08 GL1800 '06 ST1300. DS1630
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:10 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtech50 View Post
Its the natural progression of motorcycling. We all end up on Goldwings, then on Goldwing trikes, then "they" (government, dogooders, grown kids) take our licenses away and we have to ride as outlaws, just like when we started.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page