GL1800Riders Forums banner

2003 trike problems?

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Earl Holder 
#1 ·
Talked with my mechanic today as I am planning to add a CSC kit to my 2003 with ABS. He told me that there are potential problems with some clutch part after having a kit installed. Has anyone heard about this problem and the probability of it happening? Real experience more important than rumor. Please respond to daveandcarel@gmail.com as well as postine to the list.
Dave

#2 ·
Dave, I've been around GL1800 conversion trikes since the GL1800 has been in production and have never heard of any issue such as you mentioned. Like any machine if it has been abused there may be pending problems but if it has been properly taken care of it should then last and perform similar to any of that model. The GL1800 engine is commonly considered a 200 two 250 thousand mile power plant. A little over 18 months ago I sold my '06 Motor Trike with 120,000 miles on it. The new owner and his wife rides the dickens out of it.!! Depending on condition and mileage I would not hesitate to convert your '03.

Good luck with your decision.

#4 ·
I have owned six 1800 trikes and ridden several others for something over 200,000 miles and have never had any kind of problem because it had been converted to a trike.

#6 ·
This is the TRIKE FORUM.....

The only drive shaft issues I have ever heard of were conversion kit related. CSC and Motor Trike both had problems but both have also made HUGE improvements.

#7 ·
Some company came out with a fix for the CSC drive shaft issue prior to CSC addressing the problem in the newer kits. That is why I selected a trike with a Champion conversion. There has never been a clutch related issue with any trike regardless of conversion manufacturer.

#8 ·
Talked with my mechanic today as I am planning to add a CSC kit to my 2003 with ABS. He told me that there are potential problems with some clutch part after having a kit installed. Has anyone heard about this problem and the probability of it happening? Real experience more important than rumor. Please respond to daveandcarel@gmail.com as well as postine to the list.
Dave

Hogwash.