GL1800 ECM Reflash results - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

GL1800 ECM Reflash results

Here is a look at the first pass after retuning and reflashing the ECM on the dyno. More tuning work remains, and I suspect more gains will be made in addition to this, since the ignition timing hasn't even been touched yet.

GL1800 Maintenance Videos - 20 Disc Set

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Dealer/Installer

Follow Me on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Seasoned Member

If I'm reading this right - roughly 4 additional horsepower and 3 ftlb of torque gain?

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Seasoned Member

What are the chances this will leave you stranded? I've had my Valkyrie leave me cold but since I was wise (rare) I carried my original with control module with me so it was a simple swap to get going again. My Prairie did it once to but I again with the lesson learned from the Valk had my OEM in tow or it would have been a long hike out of the wilderness.

'06 Chrome on Black on Black
#notmypresident

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Banned

Don told me he is staying on the conservative side of the tuning because He knows I am heading out within a couple of weeks for a 3600 miles quick trip.. And I will let him know the results in seat of the pants results gas mileage and this trip wil be from texas heat to Wisconsin cold relatively lightly loaded( just an empty cargo traileron way to texas to having a Honda CT90 on it up to Wisconsin then back home to Maryland with as many of Rails cookies as I can sneak out with
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniterider View Post
Don told me he is staying on the conservative side of the tuning because He knows I am heading out within a couple of weeks for a 3600 miles quick trip.. And I will let him know the results in seat of the pants results gas mileage and this trip wil be from texas heat to Wisconsin cold relatively lightly loaded( just an empty cargo traileron way to texas to having a Honda CT90 on it up to Wisconsin then back home to Maryland with as many of Rails cookies as I can sneak out with
This is great fine and dandy on more horse power but........I thought the reason for the reprogramming was to fix the cold stumble problems we have.So do you or did you have this issue and did it change?

'12 Glint Wave Blue Metallic Goldwing
'09 Blue suzuki m90 (wifes bike)
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoblue View Post
This is great fine and dandy on more horse power but........I thought the reason for the reprogramming was to fix the cold stumble problems we have.So do you or did you have this issue and did it change?
He already has a tune to fix the cold start stumble.

The one he is working on now is to increase power, and possibly gas mileage at the same time.

GL1800 Maintenance Videos - 20 Disc Set

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Dealer/Installer

Follow Me on Facebook
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Seasoned Member

I would be interested in knowing if it will cause any more of a problem with overheating at slower speeds.

Vredestein Quatrac 3REAR 195 55 16 R/F
V rated Avon Cobra Front
December 27, 2010 - 102 posts
People that are always offended, offend me!

post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoblue View Post
When I dropped my bike off Thursday morning it was about 38 degrees and was not expected to any warmer Friday which was when he started work on it.. He was warned by me that if he actually tried to ride it around to whereever the dyno is to be ready to catch the stumble on takle off since Don has the same problem I do vertically challenged. he told me that got fixed the minute he did the basic adjustment ,, now he is going for the cream!
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman911 View Post
I would be interested in knowing if it will cause any more of a problem with overheating at slower speeds.
Flashes usually have the opposite effect by making the bike run cooler through the elimination of EPA mandated lean conditions.
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Seasoned Member

I'm just very happy someone is taking the time to experiment on this with the GL1800 -

Keep up the flow of information

Upside OF Iran Nuke deal -The world will end soon so I won't miss anything after USA gets NUKED

IBA # 40576

1974 Honda 550
1979 GL 1000
1998 Valkyie
1999 GL 1500
2001 HD Ultra Classic
2002 ABS GL 1800
2006 CVO Ultra Classic SE
2008 ABS L3 GL 1800
2012 ABS L3 GL 1800

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1061 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page