F4 Customs Motorcycle Windshields - GL1800Riders
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

F4 Customs Motorcycle Windshields

Thanks for all of the great reviews and the people that have purchased the F4 Customs windshields over the years. F4 is a family owned business and we are Goldwing riders also. We are proud of our product and customer service and hope you will agree. We have met many new friends over the years and appreciate each and every one of you.
Some folks call and ask questions concerning the height, material, care etc. So I thought I would post some facts for those that still have questions however we love to have your calls so call anytime at 330-968-4644 or visit our website at www.f4customs.com.
Thanks again.
Don Frank
F4 Customs

First about the product:
Material: The F4 Customs shield is manufactured from the Highest Grade Polycarbonate available to guarantee that there is "No Distortion".
Highly Scratch Resistant: Due to our "New and Improved proprietary coatings and manufacturing process" the shields are highly scratch resistant even when rubbed with steel wool.
Care and Cleaning: Just clean it with paper towels and any glass cleaner you like and ride.
Rain Shedding: These shields are excellent with Rain Shedding due to the coatings however some folks ask "Can I use Rain X ?" go ahead its fine, the shield is sealed so chemically you can't hurt it.
Different Heights: F4 Customs manufactures Goldwings shields in various heights and widths.

Plus 4: The "Plus 4" was specifically designed by Don Frank to give the upmost in protection for both the rider and co-rider. This shield is designed to seriously reduce, and in some cases, eliminate head buffeting and intercom noise. It is 4" taller than the stock shield, and features an additional 2" in overall width. The Plus 4 retains the stock windshield angle, effectively preventing any clearance problems while mounting or dismounting your motorcycle. Rider and passenger will experience much less fatigue during a long ride with this shield.
Plus 2:This shield is for the rider that is looking for a combination of wind protection and stock adjustability. Our +2" model retains the same stock angle and adjustability while offering an additional 2" in height and an additional 1" in total width.
Stock: For the rider that is satisfied with the overall performance that your stock shield offers you, then this is the shield for you. It retains the same height, width, and angle of the stock shield. It also retains the adjustability of your current stock shield.
Sport: Retains the OEM stock width, angle, and adjustment capability. It also is "2" Shorter" than the stock shield which gives a much "Sportier Look" and provides the perfect shield for the rider that wants to look over their shield.
Tint or Clear: We offer both Clear and Tint however this is a personal choice.
Vents: If you decide to purchase a vent we only use Honda OEM vents and it will be installed when you receive your windshield.
Availability: Always in stock.

F4 Customs, LLC
"The Motorcycle Windshield Guys"
330-968-4644
sales@f4customs.com
www.f4customs.com
http://www.facebook.com/F4CustomsWindshields

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low pricing is forgotten."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 10:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I bought the F4+4 tinted...I must say it is one of the best items I have bought for my wing...

John
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Seasoned Member

I bought your F4+4 w/v and had a scratch in it.
You replaced it for me at no charge at Wing Ding in Madison
I will recommend your product to anyone that wants the greatest Windshield on the market.

T.A. Jens
The Pizza Man
06 White Goldwing Champion Trike
05 Bunkhouse Camper
06 Breeze Cargo Trailer
Life member of GWRRA

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Seasoned Member

My first F4 had 87,000 miles on it and was getting a little worn. I looked at a lot of shields and even bought a National Cycle to try. I decided that I could not do better and put on another F4+2 and after 57,000 more miles I am still pleased. Thanks F4 for a great product.

RIP BEVERLY
2008 Titanium,1999 Valkyrie Tourer
2005 Bushtec Quantum GL
Darksider #62
AMA Life Member
Patriot Guard Rider
Florida Honorary Prowler #70
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 07:33 PM

Bought one at wingding this year, not very impressed. Rain shedding was horrible. Had heard good things, but will probably be replacing with something else. Also did a bad job with the install and have a gap where the Velcro attaches on both sides of the shield.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 09:55 PM
Seasoned Member

Wind wings

Asolutely love the F4- excellent product- I bought the +4 and it works well. Way superior to the stock windshield and the VStream. The only thing I'd like to see (maybe you will make it as an accessory) is wind wings to cut the airflow around the mirrors in cold weather.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman350 View Post
Bought one at wingding this year, not very impressed. Rain shedding was horrible. Had heard good things, but will probably be replacing with something else. Also did a bad job with the install and have a gap where the Velcro attaches on both sides of the shield.
Uh-oh.......
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Seasoned Member

foxman350, Didn't you check the installation out before you left??

T.A. Jens
The Pizza Man
05 Bunkhouse Camper
06 Breeze Cargo Trailer
Life member of GWRRA

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 10:23 PM

After standing out in the sun for 45 minutes due to backups on installs didn't pay much attention to the Velcro. Checked the shield for scratches and imperfections and that was about it, didn't notice the Velcro till riding down the road for quite a ways.

Do you notice everything upon first inspection?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 10:42 PM
Seasoned Member

Yes I did and they did a super job.
I also like the fact they stood behind their product, warrantied it and installed a new shield for free.

T.A. Jens
The Pizza Man
05 Bunkhouse Camper
06 Breeze Cargo Trailer
Life member of GWRRA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 489 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page