Boots for max protection AND comfort - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Seasoned Member

In 2004 or was it 2005, I was doing the same thing, trying to find d pair of boots that were both comfortable on and off the bike and would keep my feet dry.

These are the boots I purchased (well not exactly the same since they have changed the design slightly)

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...gore-tex-boots

I have my original pair under my desk here at work just in case. They are on their second or third soles.

About five years ago I bought a new pair and just kept the old ones. I have walked in them for miles and no issues with comfort. They are waterproof (as much as you can expect) and my feet have never gotten wet when riding in the rain with them.

I could figure out the miles I have on them (riding) but its over 100,000. There are no other boots I would consider. Yes they are a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 03:44 AM

I have had these for about 3 years. Comfortable, waterproof and lightweight.

Made for law enforcement too.

http://www.danner.com/product/law-en...p-6-black.html

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 04:15 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
An added bonus would be if they added a couple inches so that I can actually not have to be on the balls of my feet when stopping.
I think you might be looking for stilts. I have never seen footwear with that much added height except custom built stuff for people with one leg longer than the other. Good luck. I wear Bates duty boots with Goretex. They have a side sipper and the Goretex will stand up to a lot of rain and they are a lot cooler in hot weather. No added height though.

GL1800A Interceptor Illusion Red
Florida Prowler #100
IBA#64117
www.facebook.com/Bobbysokcorral

"Freedom is the length of the chain between a stake in the ground and reality"

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I brought Cruiserworks side zip boots in the late 90's (the last year the Honda Hoot was done in Knoxville) I have rode over 200,000 miles in these boots on 3 different wings, I have walked for hours without any discomfort, only time my feet ever got wet during riding in the rain was when they needed to be resoled (which has only been 3 times since new)

I may not have a "CLUE" about the real world..But I can spot a back stabbing "Lap Top" sissy "Dummy" when I see one.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Top of the food chain. Daytona M-Star GTX boots. In my 50+ years of motorcycle ownership I have tried lot's of boots and these boots are the best by far. The only downside in their purchase is their price. I am 5'4" tall and these boots make me about an inch and a half taller than I really am. That makes a huge difference in getting my feet on the ground. My current Daytona boots are six years old and have little wear on them. If I ever wear my current pair out I will buy another pair for sure.

Semper Fi
2001 Goldwing
2013 Ninja 300
1996 Pacific Coast
1994 Honda Magna
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Seasoned Member

Crash tested and walked many rallies and flea markets. Even wore them to meetings when on the bike.
They also went well with my wide feet.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/f...terproof-boots

Cheers and Good Riding, Keith
DROP, FALL, AND DOWN ARE 4 LETTER WORDS
I, my typing, and spelling are far from perfect. Get over it.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 10:41 PM
Seasoned Member

Cool

Alpinestars SMX-3 Ventelated and Super Comfortable!!

Ice Cold Beer - Works For Me
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 03:09 PM
Seasoned Member

Great to see many examples of purpose designed motorcycle boots nominated and not 80/20 combat boot style which is er... designed for combat situations.
Most motorcycle boots are taller and have the shin and ankle armour protection and subtle things like retro reflective bits on the rear of the boot to name a few things.
The hardest thing really is which brand once you have settled on your own minimum features you require in your motorcycle boot.

2009 GL1800 8A / Triumph Scrambler 900
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 10:17 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by copilot View Post
For the past 9 years I have worn the same two pair of Cruiserworks side zip boots. I have one tall pair for highway trips and one shorter pair for around town. Have had the tall ones resoled at Resole America and they are just like new. I can walk around all day in them and they are absolutely waterproof. They have been through some ownership changes since I bought them in 2007 so I don't know if they have changed quality or not; but I recommend the ones I've got to anyone.

Same here - bought Cruiserworks in 2002 - resoled several times and still waterproof. Wear them every ride.
Mine were originals made in Canada. The have changed ownership so I cannot recommend anything about the current boots.

Jim - Retired and Riding 17 years now...

Darkside rider 1002
Florida Prowler 5
Florida Geezer rider
R&R #1

Want a D/S number ? Go to:
http://www.murgie.com/dsi_roster.txt

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 500 View Post
I have been wearing a pair of AlpineStars Ridges for eight years. They have served me well. They are comfortable, walkable, and ate only 9" tall which I like. After eight years and 100k miles they are finally falling apart and no longer waterproof. I am 5'6" so I can relate to your ground reach concern. The GL1800 is the easiest of the three bikes I have had in that regard.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
After 5 years using my AlpineStars Ridges - I agree with your assessment, except mine became decidedly not waterproof after 4 years. The other thing I found with mine was that after several hours riding in the heat my feet sweated. They are very comfortable though. Last year I went with these:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...gore-tex-boots

and as much as I liked the Ridge, I like these MUCH better. Just as comfortable for walking/riding, but no sweating at all and totally waterproof (so far anyway). If this is what all Gore Tex gear is like, I'll be buying more.

2006 Honda GL1800
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic (sold)
1983 Suzuki GS850G (sold)
1982 Yamaha Vision 550 (sold)

Tags
comfort , fit , protection

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page