LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member
J&M Digital Music Player

Anybody using this?

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Seasoned Member
They have been discussed here before. I have a regular one that i plug into the left pouch. I am going to get an xm radio in the near future and i feel it will make the others obsolete. If your not going to get a satellite radio , then it sounds like a good investment to me.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Seasoned Member
Send a message via AIM to GL03
satilite was good, now to many dam commercials! We are going backwards like the "commercial free tv cable"!
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Seasoned Member
Go to bikemp3.com and get the same thing from Pete for $99.00. Have one, greatest thing I have put on the wing so far.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Seasoned Member
Originally Posted by raw2210 View Post

Here's another discussion about it.
Ergo II Kuryakyn Highway Peg Set w/6" adjustable arms
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Seasoned Member
Forum Members ,,,,,

Please understand that when we first purchased and offered these J&M Digital music players for sale ,,, I wanted to keep things simple ,,,,,,, SIMPLE ,,,,,,,

And so I just put up to 999 songs on an SD card, slide it into my Wing and away I go ((display on the dash stops at 99 tracks)) ,,,,,,,, and it just plays and plays without a lot of fiddling or worrying about folders, root files, playlists etc ,,,,,,, WHAT A DREAM ,,,,,,, for ME anyway ,,,,,,

BUT ,,, as you can imagine, some folks like it more complicated than that ,,, or with more features ,,,,,,,,,

SSoooooooo ,,, we are revising the portion of the manual that deals with how to load the SD card and also the USB stick, with folders so that you can store up to 99 songs, in each of 6 different folders and toggle thru the folders ((CD 1-6)) and tracks with the toggle switch on the handlebars ,,,,,, and then all display read-outs are correct ,,,,

Give us a week or two to accomplish this re-write and then I will be able to send one to anyone who wants one by e-mail, an updated version of the manual ,,,,,,,

ALSO ,,, the J&M unit is NOT identical to the one from BikeMP3 ,,,, and to say that J&M did NO R&D on this project is flat wrong ,,,,,

,,,, we made sure that the J&M unit worked flawlessly and it DOES, we figured out how to integrate it with the 2009-2010 Wings for those who also want to use the XM radio feature ,,,, and made sure that everything needed for an easy plug and play installation,,, was in the package, along with easy to understand installation instructions ,,,,,

I have no problem with anyone purchasing the bikeMP3 unit if that is what you want ,,, but if you look at what is included with the J&M unit and how well the J&M unit works, without really any known operational issues, I think the J&M unit is a very good value ,,,,,

WITH the same two year warranty we give all J&M products ,,,,,

Happy holidays to everyone here at gl1800riders.com ,,,,,,,,,,
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Seasoned Member
Send a message via MSN to scoffman1
Thanks John. Would you mind posting the manual revision on your website? That would help. BTW....no problems so far with mine. Seems to be doing ok. I admit to some limited use at this point, but with just some day trips on it, it seems to be performing well.

post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 03:07 AM
Seasoned Member
Scoffman ,,,,,

not a problem ,,,,, as soon as the updated J&M manual is available, I will post this info here ,,,,

Happy Holidays ,,,,,,
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Seasoned Member
Send a message via MSN to hondake0 Send a message via Yahoo to hondake0
There is an easy way to proof its different then all others
Open them and show it..............its that simple
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Seasoned Member
I'll get mine under the tree tomorow morning !!...but, the bike is stored for the winter so I'll be waiting til spring to try mine out...Happy Holidays !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page