BikeMP3.Com - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up BikeMP3.Com

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting Pete from BikeMP3 (http://www.bikemp3.com/main.sc).
Pete installed the BikeMP3 on my 2008 Wing and in minutes I was listening to music and using the Honda CD control (on handlebars) to maneuver through the MP3ís stored on the SD card, too cool.
Now I was on mission to eliminate my iPod and free up the front glove box. I love my iPod, but it was nearly impossible to (safely) change albums or play list while rolling down the highway.
After purchasing a 4GB SD card I proceeded to rip my favorite CDís to MP3. Using the least amount of compression (highest quality sound) I stuffed 19 complete CDís on the SD card and the first CD is a playlist of my favorites (20+ tracks). Thatís plenty y of music to get me down the road.
The next gadget Pete is working on is a plug-n-play CB radio using the Honda controls, for considerably less than the Honda CB radio and more options.
Thanks Pete!
BG

2008 Goldwing
IBA #33435
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up Great Device and Support

This little accessory was one of the best I have added IMHO. It made the ancient CD 6 Player a new age digital audio player.

Install was a breeze, and with my 8gb card, I actually have unlimited audio at my finger tips...

I would love to see a V3 that allowed the GW display to show the name of the tune, and folder, so I can directly navigate to an artist/album.

But, heck... that might be a limitation of the GW display!

[TABLE="width: 500, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Kurt's World of Cycles[HR][/HR][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]2008 GL1800 ABS/Nav Ruby Metallic Red
2008 Bushtec Quantum Sport (Mid West Region)
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]2009 BMW K1200 LT Night Sky Blue
(West Coast Region)
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Where I've Been &
Where I need to go!
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Hungry Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtsanders View Post
This little accessory was one of the best I have added IMHO. It made the ancient CD 6 Player a new age digital audio player.

Install was a breeze, and with my 8gb card, I actually have unlimited audio at my finger tips...

I would love to see a V3 that allowed the GW display to show the name of the tune, and folder, so I can directly navigate to an artist/album.

But, heck... that might be a limitation of the GW display!
The display is run by the GW's electronics as you guessed and cracking in there would be next to impossible. It would however be relatively easy to mount another LCD panel somewhere that was dedicated to the MP3Player.

2002 Pearl Orange (R.I.P) 2008 Metalic Red

"The PoleCat"
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Seasoned Member

I would like to buy the All-in-One version but it is showing as back-ordered, and the ipod version is out of stock too. I will wait a week and see if they have more.

Norman, GL1800.
Also a proud member of www.goldwingfacts.com/forums
and also the Kennel Club.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I ordered the USB model on 12/18/09 and I am still waiting on my unit. I Hope that they will come in soon. I have not heard of any time frame. I wrote to Pete yesterday but have not got a response as of yet.
Edit
I just got a response from pete 35 min later from orginal post should have HONUSB by the end of next week.

Plan ahead:
It was not raining when Noah built the ark.

2008 Metallic Red Goldwing
Kumho ECSTA RF 195/55/16,Bridgestone Front Tire,Kury grips powered coated black and Touring pegs and Turn down exhaust,Complete Progressive Mono Tube V2 suspension upgrade. Alballs steering head bearings, Ultimate seat, HonUSBv3, DIY shift indicator and Muth mirrors
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Seasoned Member

CB

I'd like to hear more about the CB unit. Any info out there?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grab Life By The Handlebars
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Galoot View Post
Last Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting Pete from BikeMP3 (http://www.bikemp3.com/main.sc).
Pete installed the BikeMP3 on my 2008 Wing and in minutes I was listening to music and using the Honda CD control (on handlebars) to maneuver through the MP3’s stored on the SD card, too cool.
Now I was on mission to eliminate my iPod and free up the front glove box. I love my iPod, but it was nearly impossible to (safely) change albums or play list while rolling down the highway.
After purchasing a 4GB SD card I proceeded to rip my favorite CD’s to MP3. Using the least amount of compression (highest quality sound) I stuffed 19 complete CD’s on the SD card and the first CD is a playlist of my favorites (20+ tracks). That’s plenty y of music to get me down the road.
The next gadget Pete is working on is a plug-n-play CB radio using the Honda controls, for considerably less than the Honda CB radio and more options.
Thanks Pete!
BG
EC has made the control for your i-pod,I-phone/touch for 18 months mine works great and do not have to change cards to get new music just FYI

HIS: 2005 Dark Metallic Grey 1800/A
SONS: 2010 CBR600RR LayLa Edition

"You do not get too old to ride, you get old because you don't"
Riding a great Motorcycle with a MOTORCYCLE TIRE
All things are possible, just ask!
Another Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
EC has made the control for your i-pod,I-phone/touch for 18 months mine works great and do not have to change cards to get new music just FYI
What your missing is the use of the exisitng controls on the handle bars that Honda designed for the CD player.

That is the kick!

2008 Goldwing
IBA #33435
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Galoot View Post
What your missing is the use of the exisitng controls on the handle bars that Honda designed for the CD player.

That is the kick!
http://electricalconnection.com/audio/gl18-ipod-hb.htm

actually, the ec unit does allow control of the ipod through the handlebar controls, just as the unit made by soundgate...what the v2 version of the bikemp3 player will allow though is the ability to use either an sd card or an ipod/iphone without having to have two separate units to connect to the stereo...the v2 unit will be a silver bullet for many users.

2008 GL1800, Prem Audio
1997 Kwik Kamp
Darksider #403 (Dunlop Wintersport 175/60R16)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomader View Post
I'd like to hear more about the CB unit. Any info out there?
here yuh go..... http://www.gl2way.com/

2006 Cabernet Red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page