GL1800Riders Forums banner

What is your hobby besides motorcycling?

7K views 115 replies 97 participants last post by  Alflee 
#1 ·
I have tried a few other activities to off set motorcycling but still have not found one that really takes the place of a good ride; Karate, sportscar, road bicycling and golf. I would like to hear some of your hobbies that stimulate the system as much as motorcycling.
Dewman

#31 ·
Dam Stearman that is one heckuva shop. It's not messy at all so I guess it's been a while. Where do you park the wing? That is some serious machinery, I'm jealous.
No room for the Wing, which stays in the garage. This shop is pretty (i.e., extremely) messy right now after we just finished gutting and redoing the kitchen. Will clean it up just as soon as there's a streak of days when I can't ride. Shop work moved to second place back on that day when I got just a little smarter and moved from cruisers to Goldwings.

#32 ·
my other expensive hobby is

TV SHOW COLLECTING

i have over 35,000 dvds of tv shows going back to the very birth of tv

i trade with people all over the world to exchange shows

i also gather episodes from where ever i can, and author the discs and make my own sets

#34 ·
HOBBY????? riding is a way of life---my bikes are used for everything---a day without riding just plain sucks---was on a Mission Trip in Peru 5 years ago and still found a street/dirt bike to ride around on for a couple of days-- Live to Ride--Ride to Live----Praise GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

#35 ·
In no specific order: (my whims change like the seasons....)

Sports Cars (racing, autocross, touring)
Performance Boating (boatless at the present time, sold a boat to buy the Wing ;) )
Golf
Shooting / small scale gun collecting (casual range work, no organized competition "yet")
Computers (my work and a pastime, don't know if I would call it a hobby)

#36 ·
Fishing, Boating, sometimes Golf, cycling

#38 ·
my other expensive hobby is

TV SHOW COLLECTING

i have over 35,000 dvds of tv shows going back to the very birth of tv

i trade with people all over the world to exchange shows

i also gather episodes from where ever i can, and author the discs and make my own sets
Felix the cat??

#41 ·
I like R/C racing...(indoor track) , building cars , trucks ect .

Watching NFL football ...don't matter who's playing... but especially
my beloved Eagles .

Did video for several years..Weddings , parties...and was asked did I
do ..shall we say "hot" ;) video work.
Made good money on the side...but people were more fusturating t deal
with..and almost never followed contract agreed upon...or wanted more than they paid for.

Messin wih my pool ...keeping it crystal clear.

XBOX 360 video games with my 12 yr old son...he's fun

#42 ·
Throttle Jockey .AKA: Private pilot, Piper Warrior,Piper Cherokee 180. Been doing it for 25+ years and still alive to talk about...:). Lots of parallels between flying and M/C's in regards to 'dynamics'.. Sittin on the front porch rockin,,and doing absolutely nothing is the best hobby an individual could have! That would be me also.

#43 ·
Sailing - I have a '89 Catalina 22 and a sunfish. I try to spend at least 1 weekend a month cruising and camping on Keystone lake. I also crew with a friend on a J24 racing. Slow but very fast paced.

#44 ·
I used to compete is USPSA in the revolver class.

Now its bowling and straight razor shaving . . . I know that probably sounds weird but I got tired of buying cartridges and wanted a better shave and more enjoyable experience.

http://straightrazorplace.com/forums/

I'm also a graduate student so that takes up a lot of my "free" time.

#48 ·
This has been some good reading about what everyone does, except the guy that has to work. oh well
For me it is the antique car clubs, Have a 31 Model A & a 68 Charger, both a lot of fun to go to Cruise-Ins and club meetings. Have been Pres of both clubs and do a good bit of touring with the cars. Each is fun in their own way and they are restored to original. Meet lots of neat people, like with the Wing.
So it is a toss up on what to drive sometimes. Ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.