How to use this board- Please read - GL1800Riders
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
GL1800Riders Founder

How to use this board- Please read

I got to thinking the other day that I would like to be able to look up "online" when I changed a tire or did some other type of maintenance on my bike. I have been through a few front tires on my Boss Hoss and I couldn't remember the tire I had before this last one or what kind of mileage I got out of it. That's when I decided that it might be a good idea to create a board where I could search this board for my maintenance records that might help me look up when I did something to my bike.

The other cool thing about this is you will be able to see what others are doing as far as oil changes, life of a certain brand of tire or anything related to service on your bike.

It's up to you as to how much information you want to place here but I would put the Make, Model and Year of your bike and Mileage to start with, and a easy title to your message so you can find it later, something like LaMosters 99 Boss Hoss is what would work for me.

You can use this board to know just when you added an accessory to help keep track how well it is holding up. Remember you can go back in and edit any of your post at any time.

Hope you like the idea, I know I do. Have fun.
bcconner likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Seasoned Member

ddking's 03 CRW

Great idea...as usual.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Squating Member

you are the Monster Man!!!!!

Always thinking of us

Thanks

Hers-2007 Goldwing CSC Trike, Silver
His-2013 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic, Hot White Pearl.
Bushtec Roadstar,
Blue Knights KYII, Life Member HOG,Iron Butt Member,AMA Member

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Seasoned Member

Way to go Monster. Now if you could just get my Avitar off the FTE board and transfer it over here............

Roland aka "Commo"

GWRRA #242405/HRCA/NRA//HAM WF4P
05 GL 1800 Candy Black Cherry
03 VTX 1300S Chrome and Black
00 750 ACE Deluxe Black and Chrome
71 CB 350 Some kinda Wine
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-Ann Landers
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 12:52 AM
Seasoned Member

Always One

There is always one, so I will be it for this new board. I don't like it. When I come to the board I click View Posts Since Last Visit and do a quick scan through all of the post subjects since I was last here. If folks post a lot of info on their accessories, maintenance, etc, those will come up every time someone posts something new. If not too many, it won't be a problem. But candidly, I could give a hoot about seeing when some else changer their oil or installed extras on their bike. It might be nice for them to keep track, but gees, how hard is it to keep a listing on your computer (too much time for me), shop manual (I jot it down there), or somewhere else.

LaMont, thanks for trying, but I'd just as soon it was not a part of the forum index.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Seasoned Member

I think it is great.

If my computer crashes and I do not have everythig backed up properly at least I can find it here. I am far from being a guru on this thing...

Thanks...

Ross

AUC.# AU10900053
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 11:16 PM

This is a great idea

After reading the info in your post, I went to my bike and took the note that I had put in the left front pocket. That note had the info for things I wanted to remember about when my last oil change and tires were replaced and brake pads etc. If I lose that slip of paper, I now have those remarks on the computer. Really neat!!!!
Bill Parker aka Quick silver #129
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Seasoned Member

I think this is a great idea. I don't think all have caught on yet! I am currently in Iraq until tomorrow prayerfully. But as soon as I get back I am going to add my log to this page as well. Excellent idea for sure. Thanks.

US Army Retired (Feb 02),
Drill Sergeant, Jump Master, Airborne,
Air Assault, Rappel Qualified.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I kind of agree with wingnutzz as i keep info jotted down to go back and look at, but i think what would be really cool is to have a chapter list by state or post listings by state as is on the VTX section on this site. Nice to know who might be close or local stuff going on.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 02:48 AM
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Bobcattoo
Perfect

I was thinking of this Idea on the Ride home tonight and here it is just waiting for me to take advantage! Excellent!

'02 Black
'08 FZ1
'09 DR 650
'04 FJR1300A
'02 KTM LC4 Duke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1232 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page