Aluma MCTXL - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Aluma MCTXL

I just bought a new (never towed) '08 MCTXL. I got it for $995 so I think I got a good deal. The place I bought it from is located in central California and they are closing their doors in a couple months. They have a white '08 and a a silver (year unk) MCTXL left for the same price. If you are interested, I can send you their #.

I need to get a hitch and looking for recommendations. I have a '07 Airbag and also need to know what other things I will need. Will the bushtec hitch (V2 deluxe) work?

I know there is plenty of information on this forum and need to do some research. I also know there are only 3 hitches that attach to the main frame and am only interested in these. Any recommendation would help.

Thanks
Ted

'07 Airbag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihringert View Post
I just bought a new (never towed) '08 MCTXL. I got it for $995 so I think I got a good deal. The place I bought it from is located in central California and they are closing their doors in a couple months. They have a white '08 and a a silver (year unk) MCTXL left for the same price. If you are interested, I can send you their #.

I need to get a hitch and looking for recommendations. I have a '07 Airbag and also need to know what other things I will need. Will the bushtec hitch (V2 deluxe) work?

I know there is plenty of information on this forum and need to do some research. I also know there are only 3 hitches that attach to the main frame and am only interested in these. Any recommendation would help.

Thanks
Ted
Ted.Could you PM me there address and phone number.I know poeple who are looking for a trailer.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:

Thanks
Ted
Ted Please PM me their Phone # I could use the White one. The Buschtec is one of the best, that is what I have. There are 3 levels the cheapest is just the Hitch the middle has be isolation harness (must have) and the highest includes the mud flap I think you need the mud flap but that will be argued by some. If it is the 08 Pearl White I could use the trailer.

Richard
'08 Pearl White 1800 Navi/ABS
'06 Black Navi (Deceased)
'05 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Darksider #316
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SYfEW0yDgykKUD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:

Thanks
Ted
You think you got a good deal!!!! **** man, you should be imprisioned for theft!

Stephen
2008 Black GL1800
DS #246
He is, therefore, I am.
Cancer Sucks!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

I guess I did get a good deal

To many requests so here you go.

SOUTH VALLEY TRAILERS
831-638-9300

They are located in Hollister. Here is the add they had on Craigslist.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/1077328554.html

The $1200 is for the trailer 1 size larger than the MCTXL. In my opinion, too big for towing behind a bike. Just tell them you are interested in the small motorcycle trailer. It is the XL.

If you decide to call, tell them Ted from Reno sent you.

'07 Airbag
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Seasoned Member

I would like to have one, but can't afford it. Isn't that the way it goes? You have the money, but not the product or you have the product and not the money!

Jim
The first known person to ride all 254 counties in Texas on a motorcycle!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

South Valley Trailers is another victim of the economy. After 15 years, their doors will close in June. They are trying to liquidate all their inventory. It's not a happy ending for them.

'07 Airbag
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Resident BBQ Expert

you should have purchased all of them

you could have made $500 each on ebay

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Seasoned Member

I talked to Southern Valley this morning. They said the MCT was $995 and the MCTXL is $1200. That it is not a bad price but I don't want to ride 4000 miles for that, if it would have been $995 I would already be on the road.

Richard
'08 Pearl White 1800 Navi/ABS
'06 Black Navi (Deceased)
'05 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Darksider #316
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SYfEW0yDgykKUD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmoter View Post
I talked to Southern Valley this morning. They said the MCT was $995 and the MCTXL is $1200. That it is not a bad price but I don't want to ride 4000 miles for that, if it would have been $995 I would already be on the road.
You best get packed. I was told the same and very confused. You won't believe how big the $1200 ( large) trailer is.

'07 Airbag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page