Newbie Triker - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Newbie Triker

So new that I do not own one yet. Iowa seems somewhat weird with regards to trikes. Need a motorcycle license to even test drive a trike, need a trike to get a license, gah!

So the first class for getting a motorcycle license is 3/31 so I'm lurking around doing the best I can to learn all the differences until I can actually test drive one.

I'm 61 and have never been on one, nearing retirement and looking for something that will keep me off my butt and away from the refrigerator.

Walked into a dealership the other day and got on a trike and thought I can do this, so here I am.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 02:19 PM
Seasoned Member

If you can walk and chew gum then riding a trike should be no problem for you. having to wait that long to obtain a MC license sucks so use it to search for trike info and by the time you get your license you'll be ready to fly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]06 Wing with '11 Roadsmith w/ Accuride System & Aux Fuel, Traxxion Ak-20 forks

'07 ST1300
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 12:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Welcome to the forum...You won't be getting much sleep till you have one in your garage the end of march...HaHa

John

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Welcome and your timing is great, Winter especially after the 1st of the year is a good time to start getting pumped up regarding summer and all the fantastic adventures it brings.
My best advise would be to get that license then go test ride the various styles and brands. Most shops will or should allow test rides and don't be shy go for a decent ride and take note of ease of handling and drivability. It's a big decision so take your time and kick some tires. Obviously this is not a good time for test riding but a great time for tire kicking, fact checking and feature comparisons.

"Take the right turn"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page