New F6B Owner in Central Texas - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Seasoned Member

Beautiful!! I love white! (but I may be a little biased since I have a white Wing myself)
jmdaniel likes this.

2006 GL1800HPNA
In the beautiful Davis Mountains in West Texas and loving every minute of it!!

Double Darkside #1708
Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55R16
Bridgestone Battlax BT45
Corbin Seat
F4+4 Windshield
Traxxion Trax-Rite billet tree
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive Rear Spring - 2015 shock assembly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 12:57 PM
Seasoned Member

Cool

We have family in China Spring and I laid eyes on that very bike some time ago. Thought to myself, man, that is on great looking color combo. Funny, as I have previously posted on this board, I seriously considered the 16 FJR ES before I bought my Wing. The local dealer I am close to both friends and business could not find one anywhere at the time. I was ready so they got this Wing out of the Honda warehouse in Dallas.

All things considered, I am extremely happy with my choice. Your F6B will run harder than the Wing due to less weight. I tend to have a heavy right hand so cruise control and something not crazy fast is a better choice for me. Comfort is also much more important due to advancing age or that is what I have been told. Enjoy both your rides. Now you have the choice of whatever strikes your fancy.

Welcome back.

Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway.
John Wayne.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTraveler View Post
LOL. I'm very familiar with the Moody RR crossing in the pic.

Taking Spring Valley Rd from Waco to Moody is a more enjoyable ride than heading down I35, that's for sure. I've done it a hundred times. BTW I bought my 2009 Goldwing from Chad at Bargers Allsports. Enjoyed doing business with him.
Chad is who I dealt with as well! I pushed for one last price concession, via email, and he knocked $2 off, "just to show we have a sense of humor". I countered him by saying I would take the bike, but my final offer was $1 less, "just to show he who laughs last..."! Good guy.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tour 1 View Post
We have family in China Spring and I laid eyes on that very bike some time ago. Thought to myself, man, that is on great looking color combo. Funny, as I have previously posted on this board, I seriously considered the 16 FJR ES before I bought my Wing. The local dealer I am close to both friends and business could not find one anywhere at the time. I was ready so they got this Wing out of the Honda warehouse in Dallas.

All things considered, I am extremely happy with my choice. Your F6B will run harder than the Wing due to less weight. I tend to have a heavy right hand so cruise control and something not crazy fast is a better choice for me. Comfort is also much more important due to advancing age or that is what I have been told. Enjoy both your rides. Now you have the choice of whatever strikes your fancy.

Welcome back.
Thank you very much. As I mentioned, I had been looking at both the blue and the white, (my wife hated both colors), so posted a poll over on the F6B forum. The blue was the favorite of about 60% of the voters, but truth be told, it was always second place to me, and if I could get a good deal on a white one, that was going to be my choice.

I'll be back out in Big Bend sometime this year, and most likely will be running the Wing. Here is a pic of the FJR, running back to the Chisos Mountain Lodge from Terlingua a few years ago.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
Thank you very much. As I mentioned, I had been looking at both the blue and the white, (my wife hated both colors), so posted a poll over on the F6B forum. The blue was the favorite of about 60% of the voters, but truth be told, it was always second place to me, and if I could get a good deal on a white one, that was going to be my choice.

I'll be back out in Big Bend sometime this year, and most likely will be running the Wing. Here is a pic of the FJR, running back to the Chisos Mountain Lodge from Terlingua a few years ago.

Very sharp. Bike and the scenery!! That area and the Hill Country are 2 of my favorite places to ride and sightsee.
jmdaniel likes this.

Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway.
John Wayne.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page