What tire now? - Page 2 - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up

Oh I very much do want the Alpin. I think it's the best tire for the riding style that I mostly do. Florida flats, Ontario's terrain and the rest of North America! It has performed very well for me and has done just about anything I asked of it!

Florida Prowler #23
DS#933 - 100,000 (smiles)
2008 Pearl White GL1800A Canada
2012 Pearl White GL1800A USA
ATGATT

Keep the shiny side up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 12:49 AM
Seasoned Member

How about this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Contributing Member

Location: s.dak. strategically located in the middle of nowhere
i just received my Michelin yesterday. I don't remember where I ordered it because I checked so many places and none seemed to have it, but mine came from volco tires out of BC. I would check them out and if nothing else their phone number is 604 270 4721. I love the way my bike handles and rides with the Michelin although I've not tried any others. this is my fourth Michelin alpin primacy zp and I think it is as good as any motorcycle tire. hope this helps you out. dan

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up Are you guys coming down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmKC View Post
How about this.
Saw them there, I was able to secure a slightly used Michelin already mounted on a pretty good rim. I should be good now for a couple of riding seasons! Thanks for all your suggestions and help folks!

Florida Prowler #23
DS#933 - 100,000 (smiles)
2008 Pearl White GL1800A Canada
2012 Pearl White GL1800A USA
ATGATT

Keep the shiny side up!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 11:08 PM
Seasoned Member

If Monk likes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
The tire is mounted and has 1,000+ miles, so I can't say anything yet about how long it will last?

All of the miles have been in the Ozarks. This tire has to be the best handling (twisty) tire I have used. The transition in the S curves is wonderful. This may be a tire I can mount on a spare rim and use as an Ozark Mountain running tire!

I am more of a pace type rider and don't hit the throttle real hard coming out of the turns. Can't say I haven't done that a couple of times for testing purposes, but it has not been thrashed like some like to do. So, it is hard to say how it will hold up to consistent hard acceleration out of the turns. I will have to leave that to someone else to test.
If Monk likes it, thats good enough. Now I want to wear this yokohama out so I can try the Perelli.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 12:21 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Are you guys coming down?
Oops, didn't catch that till now. No, I think we'll be waiting till our dollar is worth something again

2006 Honda GL1800
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic (sold)
1983 Suzuki GS850G (sold)
1982 Yamaha Vision 550 (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 399 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page