Honda Finally Has A Fix For Gold Wing Rear Brake Drag Issue - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmike View Post
i just received a letter from Honda,campaign #K37.They are to REPLACE secondary master cyl.
i too got an e-mail, no mention about rear master cylinder being replaced even though the recall mentions it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 10:09 AM

Got mine in last week and it took a day to get the master cylinder replaced. Brakes were much better on the back. Hopefully the last time we all need to hear about brakes.
tourit likes this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 11:28 AM

Garage
Have 47,600 miles on my '12 and never had a problem but took it in last Thursday and had them do the upgrade and flush. No charge recall. Don't really notice any difference but I guess that's a good thing.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 05:54 PM
Contributing Member

Had the brake recall service done on my '03 (110,000 miles) last week. The service tech said the brake lines were almost completely plugged; as bad as anything he has ever seen. Though I had experienced no problems with the brakes, I definitely now feel an improvement in stopping power.
No charge for the service - dealer did a great job.
tourit and danmac like this.

dmanhart
2003 GL1800 GW w/trailer
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Seasoned Member

I didn't know about the new action Honda is taking...I have had a recall notice on my desk since
December '15. Made an appointment with the dealer and they are to replace the front and rear M. cylinders. My bike is an '05. Never had any problems at all w/ it but did have an issue on my '02 but only one time where they kind dragged on a hot day in Sturgis in '03. Didn't think much about it
at the time. Attributed it the hot weather that day!

Ride Safe and enjoy the open Road!

Present Ride: '05 GL1800A Bright Blue Metalic
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmac View Post
I didn't know about the new action Honda is taking...I have had a recall notice on my desk since
December '15. Made an appointment with the dealer and they are to replace the front and rear M. cylinders. My bike is an '05. Never had any problems at all w/ it but did have an issue on my '02 but only one time where they kind dragged on a hot day in Sturgis in '03. Didn't think much about it
at the time. Attributed it the hot weather that day!

The guy manning the service desk when I dropped off the bike said they were going to change both masters as well. Went a picked up the bike no new front master. I said what gives?
I was told oops wrong answer just the back is in the recall.
Hmmmmm Don't know about those boys sometimes?????

If every thing seems to be coming your way, your in the wrong lane!
78 550K (5 yrs)
86 aspencade (18 yrs)
2006 Gold wing
Iron butt member # 27824

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page