Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kansas City area
OK I finally got around to trying this procedure, I did get the top off pretty easy with a heat gun and razor but found that I did break the tab on the inside welded piece. I will try and solder it back on later today and then will do the other 4 I have before gluing them back together. I still have a working set on the bike and these are for the trailer and bike so no hurry to finish.
I just got done soldering the tab back on the board, it seems to be good and will do all 5 of them and then glue them all back at once. I still have to order the glue, it seems like they would have just made the units so the top could be unscrewed and battery replaced without a big deal like the other units on the market but I do like the monitor that is mounted right in front of me so I can see if the tires are going bad while I ride..
will update later as I progress.
Last edited by cgroh360; 06-10-2016 at 06:00 PM.