LED garage lighting - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 09:04 PM
Seasoned Member

I put in 4 of the Costco shop lights in my garage about 2 years ago. They are at least 2 times brighter than the two 4 bulb troffers they replaced. Cold temps don't phase them one bit. Can't beat them for the price. I don't have a Costco account, but a friend at work picked them up for me when he bought some.

As a comparison, I have 8 Lithonia 2 bulb florescent's in my shop where my bike is parked. Before I found out about the Costco fixtures, I had a ballast on the one over my workbench blow out. I wanted to replace it with LED. The Lithonia replacement with diffuser was $120. I did not have time to order a retrofit kit, so I bought it. It works well, but way over priced compared to the Costco fixtures just to get a lousy diffuser bezel.

My entire house has now been converted to LED. It will probably take 30 years to recoup the cost, but what the heck. Why not? The only maddening part of a conversion is the color temperature. Everything is either 2700k warm or 5000k daylight. Very difficult to find in between, such as 3500 and 4000.

Larry
2002 Illusion Blue GL1800

Last edited by LarryM; 12-13-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 10:55 PM
Seasoned Member

I added one of the Costco 4' LEDs to my garage, the one car side that I keep my bike in, have a 3 car garage. I just changed out my 2 garage door openers bulbs to 100 watt equivalent LED's really lit up the garage, each opener takes 2 bulbs. So I have left is 2- 100 watt bulbs in the ceiling, changing them with a 2 bulb adapter and putting the same LED's in them should have plenty of light, bulbs 4 pack at Amazon 19.99 and the adapters 11.99 2 pack, so about 75.00 total my garage should be well lit.

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying

2014 Audio comfort
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 11:51 PM

Garage
I've used these in my workshop - bought a wireless remote switch / outlet at Lowes to use with them so I don't have to worry about the pull chains

Here's a link to Lowes for a remote unit that can control up to 3 liights plugged in to different outlets

https://www.lowes.com/pd/PRIME-White...Module/4136402

T-Cat
Midlothian, TX
2002 Silver GL1800A
2007 Nomad VN1600

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 03:15 PM

Fantastic lights, replaced all 8 lamps in my garage with them, and 4 in my wood shop. Saw them a few days ago for $19.99 at Costco.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page