Sena Bluetooth - Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Systems - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Sena Bluetooth - Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Systems

Hello members of GL1800 Riders community, this is Sena Bluetooth. Since its first and flagship product, the SMH10 Bluetooth intercom/headset for Motorcycle helmets, Sena Bluetooth has been a leading provider of Bluetooth communication systems for power sports and other outdoor activities. With that said, Sena Bluetooth has joined the GL1800riders.com forum so that we can communicate directly with this well-established community by providing information about our current products, upcoming releases such as new products and updates to our existing products.

Check out www.sena.com for information regarding all of our products. If you have any questions about our products, feel free to ask here in this forum.

Please look forward to our upcoming releases and as always, enjoy riding with Sena.

Sincerely,
Sena Bluetooth

**Latest Update**

Firmware version 1.7.2 is now available for the 20S which includes multi-language voice prompts. In addition, firmware version 1.3.1 is now available for the 10U which includes minor bug fixes in the connection with the packaged Handlebar Remote.

https://www.sena.com/experience/sena...version-1-3-1/

You can upgrade your firmware using the Device Manager v3.4.2 for Windows and v3.4.2 for Mac users.

Last edited by SenaBluetooth; 03-17-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 07:18 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
When will the Sena MC helmet with noise cancelling features be available, Modular or Full-face?

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time

2012 GL1800 Audio Comfort Pearl White

1985 Yamaha Venture Royal Burgandy

1982 HD FLH Black two tone w/Battle Ship Grey w/Red Pinstripes

1977 HD Low Rider 1200 Black w/Battle Ship Gray two tone and Red pin Stripes

1976 Suzuki GT750 Water Buffalo Blue

1973 Honda Mini Trail Automatic
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenichi View Post
When will the Sena MC helmet with noise cancelling features be available, Modular or Full-face?

The Sena INC Helmet will be available later this year in a full face version. We will release different types of helmet designs (modular, dual sport, etc.) later on in the future.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Contributing Member

I bought a set of Sena 20s headsets but would like to be able to hear the audio from the bike's radio/CB in the headsets. I know the Sent freewire just came out for bluetooth but looking for a less expensive option for now like a cable. Wondering if I can do this with a cable and what cable I need.

'05 Goldwing; '03 VTX 1300; '11 Harley Ultra Classic - Sold

John 3:16
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:35 AM

I would like the same thing prockey. to fit my 5 pin on a 1500 CC wing.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Seasoned Member

Soap Box ON: Sena recently released its Android App and Utility App, however, for those of us that bought in and supported Sena in the early days (WAY back in 2012!) by purchasing their SMH10 and SM10 units "Model SMH10B", well we've been left in the dust. The app developers began their support at the SMH10C with no further backward compatibility. And, even more of a kick in the shorts, there is no trade-in or upgrade program available (currently, at least). Perhaps Sena would be so kind as to re-think this a bit. Soap Box OFF.

~1971: '67 Sears 124 (Ducati, Bultaco, Puch??)
~1976: '73 Yamaha 350
~1980: '74 Honda 750 Four + (2) '79 Honda Hobbits (thankfully ended in divorce)
~1983: '80 GoldWing (Vetter fairing, soft bags, Corbin seat, trailer)
April, 2012 Red 2012 Level 4 (Yee Haw!)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBag View Post
Soap Box ON: Sena recently released its Android App and Utility App, however, for those of us that bought in and supported Sena in the early days (WAY back in 2012!) by purchasing their SMH10 and SM10 units "Model SMH10B", well we've been left in the dust. The app developers began their support at the SMH10C with no further backward compatibility. And, even more of a kick in the shorts, there is no trade-in or upgrade program available (currently, at least). Perhaps Sena would be so kind as to re-think this a bit. Soap Box OFF.

The 20S was the first product that we released that is compatible with the Sena Smartphone App. This was due to this headset using Bluetooth 4.0 and was designed with the necessary hardware installed to communicate with an Android or iPhone app on a smartphone. All headsets that have been released since the 20S, like the 10S, 10C etc., and all future product releases are designed to be compatible with the Sena Smartphone App.

All Sena headsets prior to the 20S, like the SMH10, do not support the Sena Smartphone App because those products are using Bluetooth 3.0 and don't have the necessary hardware installed to be compatible with the Sena Smartphone App.

All of the headsets including the SMH10 are compatible with our recent RideConnected App on Android and iPhones but the headsets that use Bluetooth 3.0 have limited button functionality compared to those that use Bluetooth 4.0.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prockey View Post
I bought a set of Sena 20s headsets but would like to be able to hear the audio from the bike's radio/CB in the headsets. I know the Sent freewire just came out for bluetooth but looking for a less expensive option for now like a cable. Wondering if I can do this with a cable and what cable I need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKShafer View Post
I would like the same thing prockey. to fit my 5 pin on a 1500 CC wing.

We provide wired alternative to the FreeWire for the 20S, which is a 20S clamp kit accessory with a cable specifically for the Gold Wing that you can use to listen to your bike's radio and communicate through the CB.

https://www.sena.com/product/20s-hel...nda-gold-wing/
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Seasoned Member

Are SMH10 headsets compatible with the new Freewire?

2006 Honda GL1800
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic (sold)
1983 Suzuki GS850G (sold)
1982 Yamaha Vision 550 (sold)

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmKC View Post
Are SMH10 headsets compatible with the new Freewire?

The SMH10 is not compatible with the FreeWire. Only Sena headsets that use Bluetooth 4.1+ are compatible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page