GL1800Riders Forums banner

Champion trike accent panels "running boards"

10K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  bitsofjoanne 
#1 ·
I have a 02 1800 Illusion blue wing, and I am in the process of deciding on a trike kit. I have worked my way the champion (1) and csc (2). My question to anyone who has personal knowledge about the asscent panels (running board) as I see them. I haven't seen any panels in person only on the net and wing world.

They look really thin compared to the others "csc / lehman etc". If you know....how strong do they seem to be, when installed do they look like they really belong on the wing.

In advance I thank you for your time in responding to my inquirey.

Roy Gordon, okc, ok... ok-s gwrra 168656

#3 ·
Roy,

I made the decision and went with Champion this weekend. Kit is supposed to be ordered today. Getting to your question, I have helped a friend build both Motor Trike and Champion kits, and I don't think the running boards on any of the kits are good for much more than looks. They all seem pretty thin to be placing to much weight on. With that said, I did order a set for mine, I think they give any kit a finished look.

#4 ·
Royg, I have the Accent Panels on my Champion and really like them. The two extra large yellow running lights in the front help on being visible. Plus, I am 6'2", 290lbs and the foot peg location on the wing was causing me to get cramps in my legs. I took the pegs off and put my feet on the Accent Panels when RIDING ONLY. I do not step on the panels to mount or dismount, just rest my feet on them. I can still reach the brake and shifter with no problem and because of the foot/brake pedal angle, am able to get more pressure on the pedal. I put some matching color (white) non-slip shower strips on the panels to protect the paint and stop any slipping that might occur under my feet.

#8 ·
Roy, if you are in OKC, surely you know about Ron's Trikes, Trailers, & Accessories. They are at 1415 Council Rd. They do CSC, Champion, and Hannigan trike conversions.

Just talked to him Friday, and he showed me the trikes and lower boards and other stuff. Go see him. Great guy, very friendly and helpful.

#9 ·
Trike Running Boards

We have a GL1800/Hannigan conversion. My husband weighs about 200 lbs. and says you can stand, jump and anything else on the Hannigan floorboards! They do not bend, flex, or give. They have non-slip rubber matting on them too, but we are changing that to rubber matting we like the looks of just a little better.

We highly recommend the Hannigan conversion AND their floorboards!

Lou & Jo Anne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.