GL1800Riders Forums banner

Georgia... What happened

6K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Whisper Jet 
#1 ·
to this board ?????

We are looking at relocating "Back" to Georgia (Northern) and was looking for folks that like to ride, but now.....

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Hey Paul, whatever happened to everyone???

#4 ·
There is more than a few Wing riders around Jasper. Go to R & R Trikes in Jasper. They may give you some names. Ask for Ronnie or Roy Lee.

I ride with buddies year around. Can you handle 300 to 400 miles of somewhat spirited twistie riding in N. Ga., Tn. and N.C. in a day, stopping just for gas and lunch? Shoot me a PM.

Also: check out North Georgia Motorcycle Club and the local GWRRA Chapters.

#6 ·
nice brick home and garage on i believe 20 acres around corner from me in blue ridge. its on chesnut gap rd.

#10 ·
We Have Arrived !!!

We are currently in Cornelia, GA.

Anyone still here that might want to do a RTE in North Georgia ??? :smile2:

The Georgia board is D E A D .... :frown2:

#15 ·
Yes I did !!

If they moved to the Villages, they'll be back soon :grin2:

I continue to keep an eye on the Florida site to keep up. Who knows, I may show up on one of the RTE's one day.... :smile2:

Thanks of thinking about me Rob. Tell Paige hello and we'll talk soon.

Tommy

#14 ·
Have a friend in Cumming, Ga. that we ride with almost every weekend, when the weather is nice.
Usually up toward Dahlonega, Suches, Blairsville, Ellijay, Blue Ridge.
Don't usually get over your way, but we could.

Call me, or even ride down to my shop one day, and introduce yourself.
I am 72 but still can be found at work everyday.

All my contact info is in my profile.

#21 ·
Hey Tommy,
We miss you down here. Cr, my brother, and I were talking about renting a cabin in the Spring for some mountain riding. Perhaps something up your way might be possible. How's the riding up there? I've been through there years ago but can't remember the specifics. And, I still need to return your ammo cases and brass. It's a little early but here's wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Whisper Jet
#23 ·
I'm missing all the winter riding down there and the gang too !!! The riding up here is GREAT. The mountains are cool, clear and crisp when the fires are out. Here lately, have not been riding much because of the fires. Now the rains have moved in, so that has also put the bike in the garage, but tomorrow is suppose to be high 50's to low 60's so I'll be in the mountains. I'm riding the mountains trying to get my mountain legs back again and relearning the areas I used to ride before moving to Florida.

By the time spring gets here and you guys get up here too, I'll have some good routes to run. I'm trying to look for good mom and pop places to get some southern cooking.

Keep in touch and I'll keep an eye on the Florida Board.

#26 ·
Board

Tommy don't feel bad can't be any worst than the Canadian board .got friends living close to Blairsville that love it. We sold our house on the lake moved back to civilization heading to daytona on Sunday .
Good luck with your journey.
Jack and Anita"

#27 ·
Hey Jack...

Tommy don't feel bad can't be any worst than the Canadian board .got friends living close to Blairsville that love it. We sold our house on the lake moved back to civilization heading to daytona on Sunday .
Good luck with your journey.
Jack and Anita"
Good to hear from you. I DO miss riding with you and all the RET's. Be careful down there as you know how much the traffic picks up during the winter months.

Give me a shout if you get through up here. Tell Anita hello ..

Talk 2 u soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.