Floods - GL1800Riders
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By The Captain
  • 2 Post By UNCLEJOHN

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Floods

Hope everyone down in LA is OK. My son is in Denham Springs. He was evacuated from his appartment via boat, car, & national guard. He was picked up from the shelter by a friend and taken to NOLA. From there, he was picked up by another friend & coworker and taken to Hammond, LA where he's staying in a hotel for now. His brand new car was under 3 ft of water and is a total loss. His appartment is on the 3rd floor so his belongings are fine. He's tried to get a rental car but none are to be had within 100 miles and there is a waiting list a mile long. I might have to get a rental here in Indiana and drive it down to him then fly back to Indiana. He was helped by total strangers and friends alike. Thank you to those in LA that have been out helping others in their time of need.
Shoegoo and Cajunhog like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Seasoned Member

glad to hear he's alright. we have great country and people that are in it. the worst brings out the best in most.
The Captain and Cajunhog like this.

WE ALL GOT TO GO SOMETIME .....ALWAYS TO SOON
FL. PROWLER # 62
DOUBLE DARKSIDER "WONKY" DRIVEGUARD REAR
BT 45 FRONT
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 10:34 PM
Seasoned Member

Floods

Glad he has made it to safety. Unbelievable how much rain we received. Today the Mrs & I went driving around Lafayette for the 1st time since the rains. How fortunate we feel we only took on about 3" of water in our house after what we seen. Not more than a mile from our house people were gutting their houses. Drywall, all types of flooring , furniture etc... 3-4 feet of water entered homes . I have friends in the Baton Rouge area that lost everything. Lending one friend our Toy Hauler while they and their parents both rebuild. The Denham Springs / Walker / Watson area was among the hardest hit in Baton Rouge. Some homes around that area had 4-6 feet of water.

Many people saved due to this group of heroic Louisiana citizens. #Cajun Navy. #LouisianaStrong

http://ijr.com/2016/08/674271-hundre...he-cajun-navy/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 Goldwing
2008 Suzuki B-King ]
2003 VTX 1800c R.I.P.
1993 Honda XL650R
1984 V-65 Magna
1981 Honda CM 400
1982 Kawasaki LTD 250
Dark-Sider #1311
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Cajunhog; 08-20-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page