Roadside assistance/long distance towing - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Roadside assistance/long distance towing

I'm heading to Alaska this June. My AAA and Geico are only good for less than 50 miles of towing. Does anyone know of an insurance/roadside assistance company that offers several hundred miles of towing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Seasoned Member

I am heading up in July and was wondering the same thing,I have AAA plus RV I think its up to 100 miles,and I have AMA Roadside as well,hopefully dont need either!I also believe the regular AAA does not cover M/C 'S.hope you have a great trip,report back if you can I am heading up for July.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2008 Audio/Comfort/Navi
AMA Member
GWTA
Windbender HP/ST15
Ultimate Midrider Seat
Bike MP3

Rode to Alaska July 2012--One FANTASTIC RIDE!!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Seasoned Member

GWRRA members get free towing and with the slight extra cost "Rescue Plus" You get 100 miles.

http://towbusters.com/rescueplus.html#1

Don
Illinois
2010 ABS GoldWing
1986 Yamaha Venture Royale
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Seasoned Member

Call AAA. Maybe they have something for you.

Mine is 100 or 150 miles with the "RV Plus" It also gives me roadside assistance for all six bikes for an additional total of $26

No matter where you go, there you are.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Take a look at the Honda plan. I believe our sponsor sells it. They tow to nearest Honda dealer. I'm looking in to that for touring.

To a fool, Time brings age, not wisdom
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph pedrick View Post
Take a look at the Honda plan. I believe our sponsor sells it. They tow to nearest Honda dealer. I'm looking in to that for touring.
Ralph! You are the man. I've pretty much exhausted by internet search and posted out of complete frustration. Talked w/ AAA, they limit towing miles, Geico-same thing, progressive-samething (and PP service). IF I need a tow it may be a couple on hundred miles and these limits were just not good enough. This was exactly what I was looking for, and $120 for 60 months is great!! The most important part of this insurance is it tows you to an Authorized Honda repair facility.
Just bought it.

Mike
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migolito View Post
Ralph! You are the man. I've pretty much exhausted by internet search and posted out of complete frustration. Talked w/ AAA, they limit towing miles, Geico-same thing, progressive-samething (and PP service). IF I need a tow it may be a couple on hundred miles and these limits were just not good enough. This was exactly what I was looking for, and $120 for 60 months is great!! The most important part of this insurance is it tows you to an Authorized Honda repair facility.
Just bought it.

Mike
I bought this a couple years ago for all the reasons listed. You can't beat the price for what you're getting. Fortunately, I haven't had to use it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AMA #513829
IBA #26856
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph pedrick View Post

Can somebody supply a link? I tried a search for road service & nothing came up on HDL's site.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Banned

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Banned

Here's the link: http://www.directlineparts.com/produ...pid=8467&str=4

Before I pulled out my credit card I discussed this coverage with the owner at Shadyside Honda, our sponsor. I gave him a hypothetical where my GW broke down on a Sunday afternoon 120 miles from the major cities and Honda dealers in west Texas and asked if the Honda roadside assistance plan would provide free towing. He assured me it would. I have not had a need for it and hope I do not but believe it is the best program available.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1611 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page