shoes for walking on concrete all day - GL1800Riders
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member
shoes for walking on concrete all day

dont know who to ask so i rekon this is a good place. i walk on concrete all day at work for up to 12 hopurs a day and wear tennis shoes and it is very uncomfortable and painfull. what are the most comfortable shoes i can get for this?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Seasoned Member
Comfy Boots

These work well for me.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boot.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	24542  
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Tennis shoes seem to work for riding, walking, hiking, even fly fishing, They are the universal wear anywhere shoe.
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Seasoned Member
Used to be on my feet all day too. Best shoes I found were from Mason Shoes or Red Wings. Good luck on your quest, realize how hard it is but those shoes made my job a bit more comfortable. Hope this helps. Ride safe.

Crabby Bob
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Seasoned Member
See if you can find some Keene Hiking Boots. I bought a pair like these about a year ago and I really like them. They are extremely light weight and very comfortable. Walking all day in them is no problem for me. They're waterproof too as an added bonus.!laurel%20oak
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Seasoned Member

The most comfortable walking shoes that I have found are Reebok DMXMAX which have air chambers that truly cushion your feet while walking or standing still. Readily available at Reebok outlet stores around the country. I've been using them for many years and have not found anything that compares. I have no financial interest in Reebok, just a very satisfied customer.

post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Seasoned Member
I have a pair of swat boots -
Pretty cheap and can use them for riding "if" you can shift, the soles are pretty thick. I have floor boards on my bikes, but one dosn't have a heal toe shifter and that boot does not work well for me on that one.

price is right - under 100 bucks for mine.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Seasoned Member
When i was a sales counselor at Circuit City, I asked some of the guys that had been on their feet for years and they told me:

Spend the money and get some good shoes. Cheap shoes break down and in the end you'll spend more buying new shoes more often. They recommended ROCKPORTS.. and they were right.
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Seasoned Member
I wear Bates Ultra Lite Boots EO2261 for riding and they are VERY comfortable for walking on all kind of surfaces. Best all around boot I've worn. They're better than the Military issue boots. And a whole lot better than "Harley boots." or ones like them.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bates-e02261-106h.jpg
Views:	6631
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	24546  
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Seasoned Member
Send a message via AIM to Italian Stallion
When I use to work, we had to wear safety shoes or boots. The company for which I worked had a contract with a safety shoe company. A few times I got a pair of safety low-quarter, leather top safety shoes that had a non ferrous safety tip. The maker is Hytest and the thick rubber soul was so soft that when I first put them on, I thought that I was literally walking on air. They really cushioned my feet.

I also found out that letter carriers (can't call them mailmen anymore!), the ones that walk to deliver mail, wear the same shoes.

You might want to check Hytest shoe manufacturer out. They might really save your feet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page