GL1800Riders Forums banner

Headsets

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Sierra-mc 
#1 ·
I have a HJC IS-BT helmet that is long in the tooth with built in J&M. The connector on the side seems proprietary to the helmet and I don't want another HJC. So I ordered a scorpion full face an think that I will not be able to use the J&M headset currently in the HJC.(?)

Sooo, I find myself looking for a new headset. I would like one that I could move to any helmet (full face or modular) so I don't have to buy a new headset every time I buy a new helmet. From what I'm seeing, my options are J&M, Edsets or Air Riders. Any comparisons or opinions would be appreciated as these are expensive and I've never had anything other than J&M which i think are ok.

#4 ·
I have an EdSets Headset and love it. They are high quality and completely modular. All of the parts are included in the initial price and if you want to move it to another helmet all you need is a re-installation kit. Also, if you want to change from a button/surface mic to a boom mic you can by just buy the new mic.

#9 ·
For me when I bought new helmets this time I got what Sierra Electronics recommended to me at the Fla Rally last year. What I bought was the IMC brand model HS-G130P. These are for modular helmets and anything needing to be fastened to the helmet was inside the helmet with Velcro including how the mike fastened. This was the easiest installation I have ever done, can be moved and is about half the price of J&M I always used in the past. But like you I found the J&M system is difficult to mount to the side of the newer style helmet or you need to drill a hole in the side.:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.