Best windshield for passenger - GL1800Riders
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Best windshield for passenger

Problem is I want to look over windshield. Currently have Long Ride Taka shield and it works pretty well for me but I'm hearing a lot of wind noise from co-rider. She says it's ok on her end but I'd like to improve. Any suggestions?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]06 Wing with '11 Roadsmith w/ Accuride System & Aux Fuel, Traxxion Ak-20 forks

'07 ST1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Seasoned Member

Do you have the Baker Hand wings or similar product on the bike? they seem to help with wind noise and buffeting.
Hoosier Daddy likes this.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Blue Highway][SIZE=2]

2010 Level 3 DDS#1146 IBA#55800 SS1Kx2, SS2K,BB1500,BBGold Certified
Disclaimer:This poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. This poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.
[/COLOR]
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Seasoned Member

Baker mirror wings help with passenger noise/buffeting. I also have a Taka Long Ride on my 08 and my missus claims that the Taka is far better than the stock shield at speeds over 70mph as far as noise and buffeting.

wiredgeorge
Mico TX 2008 GL1800 Champion Trike Conversion

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Seasoned Member

If momma says she's ok, you might want to check out MicMutes to address the wind noise.
http://mic-mutes.com/
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:58 AM
Seasoned Member

I don't know how my F6B relates to a full wing but for what its worth my 16 inch Klockwerks is the best I've had. Wife says its the best for her also. I'm 6'1" if that helps any.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
on my 1800 i have national cycles V stream special edition and my wife says she feels no buffeting. i also have mirror wings, fairing wind wings and mic mutes. my bike came with all except mic mutes. we git more wind noise from cross winds and when i put mic mutes on made a big difference. aplus on mutes was simple install, plug and play. took my time and was done in about 30 minutes.

When you have one, ride it. If you have one and don't ride it, whats the point.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
Do you have the Baker Hand wings or similar product on the bike? they seem to help with wind noise and buffeting.
Yes, I have the full set including trike wings.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]06 Wing with '11 Roadsmith w/ Accuride System & Aux Fuel, Traxxion Ak-20 forks

'07 ST1300
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgoldwing View Post
Problem is I want to look over windshield. Currently have Long Ride Taka shield and it works pretty well for me but I'm hearing a lot of wind noise from co-rider. She says it's ok on her end but I'd like to improve. Any suggestions?
Any type of air wing is a big help. never tried a w/s that bends up on the top if you dont want to look though w/s may want to ask if that type of w/s helps with wind on passenger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You are hereby officially PROWLER #83.

Last edited by sur48; 01-03-2017 at 12:22 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeeater1 View Post
If momma says she's ok, you might want to check out MicMutes to address the wind noise.
http://mic-mutes.com/
We have the J&M passenger controller and she simply turns her mic off. I guess we are currently in that "middle of the road" area where it's not perfect for either but a decent compromise.

'07 ST1300
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgoldwing View Post
Near as I can tell, what works for some won't work as well for others. The best solution for us so far is the F4+4. I too didn't want to look through a windshield, but in all honesty I got used to it pretty quick. While my wife still gets some wind, I can tell it's much less from the lack of wind noise coming over the intercom. I think it's just wind now though, not buffeting. As an added bonus, I can hear the radio much better with it on the bike . I suspect the buffeting also has a lot to do with how tall your wife is. My wife is about 5' 10" and her head is actually a little higher than mine. Shorter passengers probably sit down in the still air pocket a little more.

Some folks like the Windbender for cutting down buffeting and still allowing the rider to look over. We tried that, and I liked it fine, but my wife not so much. Hence we're sticking with the F4+4. BTW, I have the Windbender for sale in the classifieds and can work a little bit on price if you should be interested in going that route.

Good luck in finding what works for you.

2006 Honda GL1800
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic (sold)
1983 Suzuki GS850G (sold)
1982 Yamaha Vision 550 (sold)

Last edited by edmKC; 01-03-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page