new to forum, need to hear from ex harley riders. - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 115Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 102 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justa_Poser View Post
In the meantime, what this thread needs is pictures.
Here's a picture of an actual Gold Wing, going around a corner.

Here's the Missus, on her four wheel drive utility model.

Note large beach bars
I would like to have a set of those bars on my Grand Marquis. Got a link?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 102 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Good Grief . . . and the OP has one post?

Please DO NOT feed the Troll!

Next thing is; he will want to know what Oil to use!

Current Bikes:
* 2015 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
* 2013 Honda Goldwing Air Bag

* 1971 Triumph Bonneville
post #23 of 102 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Well, i had a long written out message, but it didn't get sent because of tech difficulties, but, i rode a 2013 ultra, and the wing, back to back to back and HOLY heck, the wing kicked it's butt hands down. the power, the handling, the smoothness, was dominated by the wing. Only thing the harley had was back rest, and a nice exhaust sound. the position on the honda was so nice, i like having my feet up under me better than laying out. I will def be getting a back rest for the wing, and the cobra 6-6 exhaust, from the youtube videos it sounded amazing!

I would like to thank you all, except the ones that think i'm a troll, and a harley ad, yall can get lost! but for everyone else, thanks for helping me out with your posts and the knowledge. I will be a wing rider tomorrow hopefully if the dealership is willing to wheel and deal! its white, i can't do black anymore!

post #24 of 102 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Seasoned Member

Joe, welcome to the forum. Sorry some of these guys are giving you a hard time.
SpEd and gulfrider like this.

2016 Goldwing (Candy Orange)
2009 Goldwing (Black Cherry) - FOR SALE
post #25 of 102 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTraveler View Post
I know nothing of this "viral advertisement" of which you speak, but it seems like an odd way to promote Harley. Here's what the OP posted:

"I always had mechanical problems with the harleys, a few were pretty pricey fixes few were cheap and a few left me stranded"

"...slow, and the stock suspension was HORRIBLE."

"the engine is hot enough to pan sear steaks on."

"it took thousands of dollars, and customization to get comfy on the ultra."

"Oh, and the brakes, were god awful on my ultra classic, and even worst on my dyna."
Thanks for boiling down the OP. Did he say he really liked the wardrobe available?

To the OP: Welcome to the forum. As Goldwing rider, we poke a little fun at HD once in awhile, kinda like how they do it at Goldwings.

Motorcycles:
2002 1800 ABS Wing
2006 Honda 600cc Silverwing Scooter
2007 Kawasaki 900cc Custom Lt
2011 Honda 125cc PCX Scooter

GL1800Riders removes the time and distance between like minded individuals.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Last edited by larryinseattle; 01-04-2017 at 06:49 PM.
post #26 of 102 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTraveler View Post
Joe, welcome to the forum. Sorry some of these guys are giving you a hard time.
ah it's ok, just keyboard warriors, It doesn't bother me, i just wanted to know if the wing hype was really worth it. But after riding the wing and then the ultra, i felt like the ultra didn't wanna lean over to go into a turn. the wing was on command, leaned over, getting it! It might be a little tricky for me because i was cruising and just enjoying the ride, look down and i was going 90! didn't even feel like it
post #27 of 102 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

this is my 4th post, i now promote myself to "junior troll"
SpEd, weengers, Rapidray and 8 others like this.
post #28 of 102 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Miano View Post
this is my 4th post, i now promote myself to "junior troll"
Nice. Glad you enjoyed your test ride. I really thought you would. Work you a decent deal on that bike and get it. You'll love it. It's not the best bike in the world or anything...but for 2UP touring with a bit of spirit...it's really hard to beat.

PS... this forum has a lot of helpful people and depending on where you live, they may be local. To that end...I'd encourage you to both update your location on your profile but also reach out to the appropriate state sub forum and say hi to the people close to you. I've met a lot of great people on the Tx and surrounding states boards through this forum.
Walrus and davidprej like this.

Current Stable:
2016 KTM Super Duke GT
2015 Honda Grom
2015 Yamaha FZ-09
2013 Honda GL1800 ABS
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Track)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Track)

post #29 of 102 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Seasoned Member

I didn't read in comet post but got the idea. The wind will be everything tou have hope for . Comfortable dependable and very reasonable to buy one and maintain. In would look for a low miles 2009 and newer with factory navi. Then from there you will need to fit your bike for u and the wife. Windshield, seat riding position, air xontrol,cb, bluetooth to phone for music ect. I would look for a.bike with less than 12k,8, or5k or less. The 09 and new you will get xm real time traffic and radar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You are hereby officially PROWLER #83.
post #30 of 102 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Miano View Post
Well, i had a long written out message, but it didn't get sent because of tech difficulties, but, i rode a 2013 ultra, and the wing, back to back to back and HOLY heck, the wing kicked it's butt hands down. the power, the handling, the smoothness, was dominated by the wing. Only thing the harley had was back rest, and a nice exhaust sound. the position on the honda was so nice, i like having my feet up under me better than laying out. I will def be getting a back rest for the wing, and the cobra 6-6 exhaust, from the youtube videos it sounded amazing!

I would like to thank you all, except the ones that think i'm a troll, and a harley ad, yall can get lost! but for everyone else, thanks for helping me out with your posts and the knowledge. I will be a wing rider tomorrow hopefully if the dealership is willing to wheel and deal! its white, i can't do black anymore!
Just so you know, the red ones are fastest, and prettiest.

Sheepishly in Christ,
Mike

"Why do I bother to pester you with these disturbing truths? Because the One whose disciple I am taught that we are set free by facing hard truths, not by hiding in comfortable lies."
Brian Zahand

Darksider International #51
2003 Silver GL1800 - SOLD
2010 Metallic Red Level 3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page