A touring windshield for F6B? - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Seasoned Member

Long Ride Shields offers 6 or 7 different TAKA windshields for F6B's at between $76.30 to $110. Substantially lower price than the other brands listed.

Blue Angel Alumni
GWRRA
Tennessee Traveler # 81
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Anyone using the ErgoMot electric?
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Seasoned Member

GLer the important questions have not been asked. How tall are you? Do you want to look over the shield or thru it? How much air do you like? What type of helmet do you wear? Do you only ride solo? Nobody can give you an educated opinion on a shield till they know the answer to these questions. Yeah , an adjustable shield like Big Bird suggested is an option. I know experienced riders that can't get comfortable on one of those. For some the adjustments can be overly complex. So give us some info and it might help with the process. All those questions matter on your choice of shield.
silverbullet05 likes this.

Last edited by Shooter F6B; 01-07-2017 at 10:26 PM.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmguy View Post
Anybody tried the taller (and vented) F6B accessory windscreen that Honda offers?

Part #:
08R70-MJG-671
MSRP*
$199.95
Yes I currently have the tall Honda shield on my F6B. I'm 6 ft and it works great for me and I also like the vent. Does its job for back pressure issues. I had a Madstad on previously but was too dark. This spring I will order the clear replacement for the Madstad and try it out. The Madstad is a very good shield and very adjustable. The only problem I have with the tall Honda one is the top is right in line with my vision unless I sit straight up to look over it. I might even try cutting a inch or two off before I plunk down any cash on the clear Madstad .

2013 F6B /ABS Black of course.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Supporting Vendor

F4 Customs offers 4 heights for the F6B. The fact that ours is made from High Optics Polycarbonate, has no distortion, sheds rain, and is optically perfect makes it a great touring shield. Here are some pictures that might help. If you want to discuss this further please contact us at 330-968-4644 we would love to earn your business.
Here is a link to our web page for the F6B
http://f4customs.com/index.php?route...ory&path=59_34
Don Frank
President
F4 Customs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F6B18VT (2014_11_21 13_00_07 UTC).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	167353   Click image for larger version

Name:	LLoyd14VT-3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	543.0 KB
ID:	167361   Click image for larger version

Name:	F6B_Plus 4.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	167369   Click image for larger version

Name:	LLoyd14VT-3 (2014_11_21 13_00_07 UTC).jpg
Views:	25
Size:	543.0 KB
ID:	167377  

F4 Customs, LLC
"The Motorcycle Windshield Guys"
330-968-4644
sales@f4customs.com
www.f4customs.com
http://www.facebook.com/F4CustomsWindshields

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low pricing is forgotten."

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Seasoned Member

I needed more wind protection than the stock shield at full height because I am tall and also sit on cushions (for more legroom). I switched to a Madstad and even though the screen isn't as tall as the stock screen, it offers more wind protection. It is very well-built and quite solid. The photo below shows the stock windshield at full height.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

I appreciate everyone's input. I thank you very much for my current diversity of choices, make that an an abundance of possibilities leading to anxiety and confusion:

The F-4 is the best shield, no the KlockWerk is they have the try and see if you like guarantee, no wait the up/down ones are best of which the Windbender is the one, no the Madstad, not the ErgoMot....

the only real solution is to line up 10 different GL with each of these recommendations on I-10 somewheres around Phoenix; then give them each a 90mph ride for a half hour to see who is the winner.

My previous bikes I had better luck with flare up shield at the top. They are the only shields I ever had without turbulence AND you can look over the top. I would suspect those super height shields do block turbulence, at the cost of drag=fuel consumption.

I am a confused puppy on this one....well, not quite a puppy...alright: an old dog: a confused old dog!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLer View Post

the only real solution is to line up 10 different GL with each of these recommendations on I-10 somewheres around Phoenix; then give them each a 90mph ride for a half hour to see who is the winner.
i agree. Make sure and take pics, or it didn't happen.

2013 F6B, black, with ABS
If it ain't broke, try to fix it anyways
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Contributing Member

I'm 6 ft tall. I have the Madstad ( adjustable stock wing in the all the way down setting) easy to adjust. I get enough of a calm pocket to smoke a cigar while riding. I look OVER the windshield while doing this-that is important to me as I like it better that way. IF the wife goes for a ride and it gets chilly, then I raise it up to provide protection for the passenger-I have to look THROUGH it at this point. I would probably run it high in the rain too. Madstad bottom section is black, the movable top section you have options. I have a clear on top.

My opinion is that the Windbender or Madstad would look better on an F6B than a huge tall windshield. Not sure if that matters to you or not.
MisterK likes this.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Seasoned Member

Wonder why F4 Custom doesn't make a windshield with a flare ?

ehcycledude@yahoo.com
02 GL1800 yellow 475,000 smiles
Rode my bike to Trailer Week
2013 Yamaha Tenere

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page