Honda no Show - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Seasoned Member

If it don't pay, they won't play. Online shopping and gandering is the mainstay now.

prs
Pricejh61 likes this.

2002 Black Standard Brakes "TE MEGA MONTY"

DARKSIDER #1249

"Well, Chester; choos'n friends goes kinda fast once the shoot'n starts." Mathew Dillon to Chester Goode

Last edited by Pigeon Roost; 01-10-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet05 View Post
Been going to the Minneapolis show for the past 5 years. Along with a stop @ the Cranky Ape on the way there to Gawk @ their stuff.

Don't have the desire to go this year as nothing out there is on my must see list. My buddy is having a Hip replacement on the 16th. Wouldn't be the same without him.

The Cranky Ape is always a fun stop. You never know what you'll come across there.
Crankyape is pretty good, I buy bikes from them and now that they moved to Hastings it's really handy for me.

"Take the right turn"
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I looked at the exhibitors for the Chicago show and American Honda is definitely listed. It would be a shame if they didn't show up...

Mike K.

2007 Comfort/ Prem Audio/ Navi/ ABS Crucible Orange Metallic
Converted to California Sidecar Viper Trike
Darkside #1659

1997 Aspencade Pearl Glacier White
Purchased- Jul 99
Rear- Austone 175R16
Front- BT45

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhoever View Post
I looked at the exhibitors for the Chicago show and American Honda is definitely listed. It would be a shame if they didn't show up...
You are correct.
I missed that.
Heck I posted they were not going to be there.
Time to edit that.

Doug

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Just read this in another tread about Victory closing its doors, this is interesting becacause Victory had a huge display at this MC show, talk about being blindsided. Victory motorcycles closing its doors

2008 GL 1800 ABS
2012 Bushtec Quantum GL
Darksider #1379
Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55-16

post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Seasoned Member

Victory division of Polaris is the news of the day apparently.

Doug

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Seasoned Member

In a different life, I was involved in organizing an equipment show in Chicago. One of the aspects that people may not know about is the cost of having equipment moved in and out of the exhibition hall. It can be very expensive to have an equipment operator or rigger or some other trade person get on the equipment and drive it into and out of the hall. Usually you can only carry in what you can handle with your two hands without paying a fee to someone to handle your trade show booth or display. These charges can vary greatly from one city to another.
Shiv likes this.
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehighways View Post
The only manufacturer that was noticable for their absence at the Southern California (Long Beach) show (in November) was Triumph. Otherwise it seemed like everyone else had a presence.
Triumph as a manufacturer was not in Long Beach however their largest S Cal dealer from Brea had a display with some very knowledgeable "booth workers". I can only assume they work for the dealership. I spoke with the owner of the dealership (can't recall his name) but he was there since the corporate display was not!

Otherwise Honda was there along with BMW and MotoGuzzi and Ducati, Indian, Victory, Polaris etc. It was a good show and a nice weekend away from Vegas for us! We normally go every year or two but this was our third consecutive year.
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I went to the DC show on Friday. Was a little disappointed to see no Honda on the exhibitor list because I wanted to see the Africa Twin. Upside: the 2017 GL1800 looks just like the 2016, 15, etc., and there was an Africa Twin all tweaked out at the Twisted Throttle booth.

I had a brief chat with a gal at the Moto Guzzi booth about how weirdly Victory-looking one of the new MG models is. The irony was not lost on me with today's Polaris announcement.

I wonder if Victory will pull out of future shows, or with the fees already paid and probably non-refundable, use them to start the fire sale clearance?

I go to the DC show every couple of years so I'm not the best barometer, but have watched it change a bit. This year, there were a LOT fewer little booths in the cheap seats.
flat6bagger likes this.

This is my signature block. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My signature block is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life....
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bird View Post

I wonder if Victory will pull out of future shows, or with the fees already paid and probably non-refundable, use them to start the fire sale clearance?
Maybe Polaris will just use the space for Indian.

Or Slingshot.

Farmguy - 14 ABS Candy Red
Farmgal - 14 ABS Candy Red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page