Helmet Brake Light/EMS Notification - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I personally know the owners of (2) Helmet Manufacturers that played around with 3rd Brake lights in their Helmets, as far back as the late 90's. If it were a viable option, they would have done it by now.

Granted, wireless technology has come a long way in the past few years. But I for one, will not subscribe to anything to get a light for the back of my helmet.

2005 GL1800
USMC 1962 -1966
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Seasoned Member

Can I get the head band option? I want as little of weight on my neck as possible.

Just say no to the plastic bubble.

Motorcycles:
2002 1800 ABS Wing
2006 Honda 600cc Silverwing Scooter
2011 Honda 125cc PCX Scooter

GL1800Riders removes the time and distance between like minded individuals.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Seasoned Member

I bought one of the brakelight/turn signal LED lights for the back of the helmet. It weighs next to nothing and is not noticable. A high vis helmet
Color works during the day, but at night? Yes, Inhave retro-reflective tape on mine, too. The big point is that the Wig Wag, Tailblazer, and big, bright taillights on my 'Wing are low- the helmet light is high up and often visible 2-3 cars back. I am not able to compare the above product with the one I have but I like having mine. It is bluetooth with a little module you wire into the bike and I carry a SPOT also.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Seasoned Member

How's your passenger going to like it?

The World Is A Book And Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only A Page.

Whenever We Ride Home Safely We Promise GOD A Little Something.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:25 AM
Seasoned Member

Does it come with a propeller to mount on top of the helmet?
larryinseattle likes this.

Larry
2002 Illusion Blue GL1800
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:29 AM
Seasoned Member

Hey Larry, what a great idea, could have a little LED in each blade of the prop.

Prowler #93
Korean Veteran
2005 Winger, 2012 Road Smith
Cobra Trike Tire
Native Floridian
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Seasoned Member

I have been to CES twice with companies I worked for, once in Vegas, and once at the summer Chicago show. Statistically, 80-90% of the products shown at CES never make it to market, either because the prototype or target price point could not be met, or there was just not enough interest. There are truly some wacky inventions at the show every year. That is your entertainment for the week.

This doesn't qualify as wacky, and it certainly isn't the first of its kind, except for the twist of a subscription fee. (who doesn't want more of those?) I'm glad the OP posted it. How else do you gauge interest unless people talk about it? As Pigeon Roost said, this is simply preying on fear. I don't know how many are out there. Enough for this to be a success?

The new business model for the past 10 years seems to be subscription services. Take the features out of the product, put them on a company web server, and charge a subscription fee for it. I refuse to go along with anything that requires a subscription, but for some reason, the public in general has fallen for these bank account draining scams on a large scale. I wonder if people have ever even added up how much all these 5, 10, and 20 dollar per month services are draining their accounts every month

Larry
2002 Illusion Blue GL1800

Last edited by LarryM; 01-11-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page