GL1800Riders Forums banner

What did you do with your Goldwing this week?

8K views 137 replies 71 participants last post by  Italian Stallion 
#1 ·
Stole this idea from another forum as a good winter conversation thread...

It's early February.... some are able to ride, some are doing stuff on their bike that they'll be using in the spring, some haven't looked at their bike since November.

What are you doing with your Wing this week?

#2 ·
Annual winter maintenance: valve clearance check and adjustment (exhaust valve on #2 cylinder was out of spec by .001"), replace spark plugs, air filter, removed gasoline tank tightened hose clamps and ground connections, checked out antenna cable (posted in another thread today). Still have to flush and replace brake and clutch fluids and engine coolant. It's snowing here today and the weather seers predict a change to freezing rain and rain before it ends.

#4 ·
I looked at mine, longingly. This past weekend was a Miata weekend, since I led a run on Saturday in which 26 other Miatas from San Diego Miata Club participated. It was a great run! The Goldwing just has to wait its turn...

Reactions: Capt. Bob
#11 ·
I've gotten to ride mine the past 2 weekends. 2 weekends ago was an overnight to Arkansas and last Saturday was a 450 mile RTE.

Pretty decent riding for the winter. I'm sure not complaining.

As far as maintenance, I need to do a valve check / adjustment, and am due for an oil change. I probably need to do a fork service in the next few thousand miles. Trying to do them every 20K now after seeing almost all the coating on my bushings worn off at 25K.

Oh...and I put a new battery in my rear TPMS sensor and updated the maps on my Zumo 590.

#12 ·
I go daily out to my garage and lovingly caress the Wing then look out the window at the blanket of snow, I then sigh and return to my recliner to pout.

#96 ·
Something similar here except I have to wait until my working wife is at work. When she has caught me in the past going out to the cold shed she has asked me what I went to the shed for. Like a dumba$$ I told her I went out to shed to look at my bike and give it a kiss and hug after telling it " not yet old girl...still too much snow out there". Life is tough when the wife is jealous of your Goldwing lol.:wink2:

Allen

#13 ·
I planned where I am going to attach my underbody LED accent lighting.
I have about 12 feet of SMD5050 blue LED strips that I will install once it is warm enough in my garage.
I am going to have the coolest looking after dark F6B (IMHO of course).
I'll post a video once it's completed.

#14 ·
Have not done anything with either of the wings in over a month. Had open heart surgery 3 weeks ago and can not drive nor ride the bikes. Am limited to 10# weight lift with no stretching, bending or twisting. This sitting here and watching TV is boring. I can get out and walk every day when the weather allows, but that is iffy. Should be able to get back on the wing by the 1st of May or so.

#18 ·
Flying Fish Saturday night (local fish house), yesterday and today, to and from work. Ride to work just about daily. 80 today, suppose to be 78 tomorrow.
You guys along the eastern seaboard be careful, looks like your getting a lot of snow in the next day or two, 12 inches around Bean Town I think I heard tonight, Wow, just Wow!

#20 ·
Been running errands this week. Cleaned wheels good and boy, does that rear wheel get dirty! Oil change due in about another 800 to 1000 miles. Other than Honda cleaner and polisher can used quite often, try to ride somewhere almost daily.

Weather has been great other than windy. Sorry for you boys having to endure the nasty weather. It will be over soon.

#22 ·
Swapped rear wheels yesterday, put the car tire back on so I can get the new Bridgestone mounted. Took a nice ride down into eastern Kentucky in the afternoon. In my experience, Kentucky seems to keep most of their roads in really good shape, even waaay out in the hills. One of my favorite destinations is Carter Caves State Resort, A beautiful park even in the winter! :wink2:

#24 ·
Changed oil yesterday, first time out of the shed this year - rode it 3 miles down the road to my brother's place to do it. Also, did a heated seats mod (adding resistors) since we could barely feel the heat before. Taking it for a short ride today (first ride this year) to "test" the heated seats. I hope wife will be happy with her seat now.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.