Well looks like EH may get another shot

My fingers are crossed hoping EH gets another chance to be reborn

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/34495462/...-international

"Take the right turn"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:07 PM
Seasoned Member

I don't know how far heritage, history, and nostalgia will carry them. Until a fellow member posted about them a few weeks ago, I never knew they produced motorcycles in the nineties. The buy American argument kind of lose it luster when buyers discover that many of the parts making up their bike or car are not made in America. I found the video about their manufacturing facilities very interesting and some of the technology they used on their bikes very desirable for that time, but that was twenty years ago.
rayjoe likes this.

Others may sell you the sizzle, But Honda will sell you the steak!!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

Not a good market to be reborn in

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:06 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spummerr View Post
Besides the not so good market, the Hanlon's left many very unhappy shareholders, and investors, who lost a lot of money. There were quite a few unhappy bikers too!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:07 AM
Seasoned Member

I read the article and it lists several factors that make the relationship favorable..... one of them is the Arctic Cat / Textron aquisition.... I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out what that has to do with the price of tea in china.....

I can tell you EH has some pretty poor marketing..... I somewhat pay attention to the motorcycle market and I never knew they existed..... must be a local thing.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:12 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee Fifty View Post
I read the article and it lists several factors that make the relationship favorable..... one of them is the Arctic Cat / Textron aquisition.... I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out what that has to do with the price of tea in china.....

I can tell you EH has some pretty poor marketing..... I somewhat pay attention to the motorcycle market and I never knew they existed..... must be a local thing.
It wasn't a local thing. When E-H was resurrected by the Hanlon's, they put on big extravaganza's at Daytona bike week and Sturgis.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:18 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spummerr View Post
Just what we need, another v twin Harley clone.
Steve F and rayjoe like this.

01 yellow

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

Prowler #109
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:30 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art H. View Post
Just what we need, another v twin Harley clone.
Regarding it being a v-twin Harley clone, the E-H Super X v-twin is a 50 deg engine and was ahead of HD as the motor had dual overhead cams and four valves right from the get go. The factory had the latest state of the art paint facility and the paint was equal to or better than HD's at the time. The leading link springer fork was far superior than HD's springer front forks because it didn't nose dive under braking and soaked up the bumps very well. Handling was very good for a cruiser.

I'd like to see them come back. They have a storied history since 1876 when the company started out as the Excelsior Supply Co. Competition is good and will keep HD and Polaris on their toes.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:55 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
Regarding it being a v-twin Harley clone, the E-H Super X v-twin is a 50 deg engine and was ahead of HD as the motor had dual overhead cams and four valves right from the get go. The factory had the latest state of the art paint facility and the paint was equal to or better than HD's at the time. The leading link springer fork was far superior than HD's springer front forks because it didn't nose dive under braking and soaked up the bumps very well. Handling was very good for a cruiser.

I'd like to see them come back. They have a storied history since 1876 when the company started out as the Excelsior Supply Co. Competition is good and will keep HD and Polaris on their toes.
All that makes no difference. It has 2 cyl with one sitting behind the other at an angle. So its a Harley clone.
Rapidray and rayjoe like this.

Cuda 383 4 speed Shaker Corvette Stingray 6.2L 455hp http://gl1800riders.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic16447_5.gif
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:18 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post

No offense Murf,

But a 5 degree difference is not going to hide the fact it looks just like another cruiser. Yes, it's technologically advanced. But in todays market it seems looks are more important than engineering.

The recent demise of Victory does not bode well for a new cruiser on the market.

But who knows, I've been wrong before!!

Rayjoe

Last edited by rayjoe; 02-16-2017 at 07:08 PM. Reason: brain fart

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page