Crash Videos - GL1800Riders
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Crash Videos

Watching bike crash videos on You tube, Pretty amazing -- Idiot bikers & idiot drivers. Makes you realize you never know what's around the bend and you always need to be on high alert.
I sure wouldn't want to drive a bike or car in Russia! That country is insane! lol Yikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:10 AM
Seasoned Member

I've watched them too, and I agree. I wouldn't want to even be a passenger in a car in Russia, let alone ride a bike. Those people don't have a clue. I can't believe people are actually that stupid. But watching the videos makes me be more aware of my surroundings when I'm out riding. It's a great reminder of what COULD happen.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Seasoned Member

I've seen enough dead bodies on Bay Area freeways. No need to go to Russia to watch stupid riders. Ride like a fool and join the (dead) pool...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:09 PM
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

I never enjoyed watching bike crash vids . I watch a ton of bike videos and thoughly enjoy most all of them . But watching riders getting hurt just seems wrong to me . Don Henley sang " dirty laundry " in the 80's and the lyrics explain my feelings pretty much on crash vids .

Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good .
Where's Rail now??http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...ahHnkalxai42Hi
= no eating or drinking warning . Whenever this is seen on one of my posts ,please put down the food and drink as to prevent choking hazard while trying to laugh with mouth full. Nothing worse than coffee out ones nose landing on keyboard . Nothing !
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:14 PM
Seasoned Member

Its painful to watch them but sobering at the same time. Watched a lot of them too (but mostly watch other fun bikes vids) and what I tried to take away is that we are fragile and very exposed. So ride with your head on your shoulders and practice makes better (but never perfect).

Last edited by Happytrails; 02-16-2017 at 10:44 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail32 View Post
I never enjoyed watching bike crash vids . I watch a ton of bike videos and thoughly enjoy most all of them . But watching riders getting hurt just seems wrong to me . Don Henley sang " dirty laundry " in the 80's and the lyrics explain my feelings pretty much on crash vids .
I look at them once in a while if i'm on utube. To me it's kind of like a safety course refresher. Most of riders that get in trouble are doing something careless or stupid. I view them thinking "what is this guy doing wrong that put him in this situation?". I like to think that paying attention to what these guy are doing wrong might change the way I ride and/or reinforce other defensive riding lessons learned. One of the more common mistakes riders make, usually because they are going too fast, is drifting off the pavement and onto the shoulder which usually results in a crash, especially on a touring bike!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:06 AM
Seasoned Member

I don't watch them and I don't want to hear about some friend's brother's friend and his accident either.
DaveFromDenver and Rail32 like this.

Motorcycles:
2002 1800 ABS Wing
2006 Honda 600cc Silverwing Scooter
2007 Kawasaki 900cc Custom Lt
2011 Honda 125cc PCX Scooter

GL1800Riders removes the time and distance between like minded individuals.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:31 AM
Seasoned Member

To each his own in watching a m/c crash or two, as one mentioned, sort of a quickie safety course, makes us 'aware'. I don't see a problem with that other than, man, that could have been me, or with just a little common sense could have been avoided.

Prowler #93
Korean Veteran
2005 Winger, 2012 Road Smith
Cobra Trike Tire
Native Floridian
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spummerr View Post
Watching bike crash videos on You tube, Pretty amazing -- Idiot bikers & idiot drivers. Makes you realize you never know what's around the bend and you always need to be on high alert.
I sure wouldn't want to drive a bike or car in Russia! That country is insane! lol Yikes.
Wanna see crazy drivers? Take a ride by the local high school in the morning.
Dave.David969 likes this.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:49 PM
Seasoned Member

Is that something like 'bumper cars'?

Prowler #93
Korean Veteran
2005 Winger, 2012 Road Smith
Cobra Trike Tire
Native Floridian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page