post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Seasoned Member

I have a tinted wind screen on mine and love it

06' Artic White, 08' Champion Colorado Trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Seasoned Member

Do all these aftermarket windshields have the DOT approved spec identified on them like the OEM windshield?........ or is this a darkside activity?
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeeater1 View Post
Pure BS about the negatives on the tint and night riding!! Your cage has a tinted windshield and I'm sure you drive at night.
for u it makes no difference but for me it makes a big difference ! My ford truck came from the factory with dark tinted windows and I always thought clear would be better for me, then one day I rode in a friends identical truck except without the dark tinted windows, his windows were all very dirty but wow the difference is about like night and day ! I highly prefer clear ! It's also very rare for me to wear sunglasses .
William Anzik likes this.

ehcycledude@yahoo.com
02 GL1800 yellow 475,000 smiles
Rode my bike to Trailer Week
2013 Yamaha Tenere

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
for u it makes no difference but for me it makes a big difference ! My ford truck came from the factory with dark tinted windows and I always thought clear would be better for me, then one day I rode in a friends identical truck except without the dark tinted windows, his windows were all very dirty but wow the difference is about like night and day ! I highly prefer clear ! It's also very rare for me to wear sunglasses .
Not sure why we're on "dark" tint. This thread is about the light tint of an F4 Customs windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky57 View Post
My 20% number was an arbitrary number, just an analogy. That should have been obvious. If that doesn't suit you, replace the numbers in my text with whatever you want. It won't change the meaning of my post.

You said that all factory windshields are tinted, and then offered a link to an aftermarket supplier that is not relevant to the statement you made about factory windshields. It doesn't prove that factory windshields are tinted. It's meaningless. The aftermarket makes all sorts of claims on safety related products that their products are DOT legal, yet usually are not.
Try this
http://adventureautoglass.com/what-i...ndshield-tint/

Anyway, done with this. Everyone have a great day.
cycledude likes this.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

I rode up to Daytona, today, and met the F4 folks, and bought the clear +2 with the vent. They installed it for me, and I really like it. These are very nice people to do business with, by the way. I appreciate everyone's input. Especially concerning the vent. My other windshield didn't have one. Today it was 88 degrees, at one point, and I found that the vent really did help to cool me off, while riding.

On another topic... for those familiar with Daytona Beach, and the surrounding area.... What is with those red lights? They stay red for ages, and no one is moving in any direction!!!! In the past, on a different air-cooled bike, I would overheat at every light. No one gets anywhere very quickly, that's for sure!
F4Customs likes this.

G.Carson

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member

I am also planning on getting a new windshield, probably a F4 at Daytona Bike week.
Thinking a +4, clear and vent. I am used to looking over my shield, but maybe the reduction of wind will improve the music.
Can you tell where in Daytona they are set up?
Can you divulge what the damages were?
Thanks
carsong85 likes this.

2008 Airbag
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Seasoned Member

Per your question wouldn't the tint only provide protection to the rider when the sun is right in front of you?

----------------------------------------------------------------

2014 Audio comfort
2011 Vulcan Vaquero sold
2009 Vulcan 900LT sold

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitaman View Post
I am also planning on getting a new windshield, probably a F4 at Daytona Bike week.
Thinking a +4, clear and vent. I am used to looking over my shield, but maybe the reduction of wind will improve the music.
Can you tell where in Daytona they are set up?
Can you divulge what the damages were?
Thanks
They are at Daytona International Speedway. Near Turn One entrance. They are in the second row back. Look for the Honda showcase. They are in the second row back from that. I parked along the fence surrounding the Honda showcase. I walked all over the place, trying to find them. I was actually giving up, and walking back to my bike when I ran right into them. I somehow missed them and walked about 4 miles, while they were actually about 30 feet from where I had parked.
I didn't have a vent, so I had to get that too. With tax and everything it came to just under $450. They did a really nice job with the installation, by the way. Much better than I could have done.

G.Carson

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty360 View Post
Per your question wouldn't the tint only provide protection to the rider when the sun is right in front of you?

Yes. I was thinking more of the dash and meter cover. (A little more protection from the sun) I ended up getting clear.

G.Carson

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 05:12 AM
Supporting Vendor

F4 Plus 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael2480 View Post
Isn't the +2 still adjustable?
Yes the plus 2 is fully adjustable.
Don

F4 Customs, LLC
"The Motorcycle Windshield Guys"
330-968-4644
sales@f4customs.com
www.f4customs.com
http://www.facebook.com/F4CustomsWindshields

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low pricing is forgotten."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page