Saddlebaggage - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter F6B View Post
Bird , do they have thermos's in Canada?
Wrong Bird.
The one you asked lives in the USA.

As far as what I carry...
gun
ammo
cell phone
soft cooler with water apples almonds
extra glasses (seeing kind)
extra gloves
extra jacket
extra usb stick with my Rap songs on it (mostly TuPac)

Doug
Big_Bird and GaTeach like this.

Last edited by flat6bagger; 03-10-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Doug carries food. I'm riding with him. I ain't sharing my hot chocolate. Momma makes that special for me. Hey Doug,I ain't listenen to Tupac. I'm a Vanilla Ice man myself.
flat6bagger and sandyoneal like this.

Last edited by Shooter F6B; 03-10-2017 at 09:53 PM.
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyoneal View Post
By the way.... My gun and extra mag is always on my side and not in the bags. It's not much good in there when you need it... Bring on the phobics!
Do share with us the carry-on scheme through the liberal-wacko states that don't allow firearm.

I understand you have to pack your iron in a locked container, unloaded and cannot put ammo on the same place. And that's why I carry a rock where I live, Sheet! I could throw a rock at somebody faster than I could organize a firearm defense under those restrictions.

Where I live, if you get shot less than five times in the heart, you best not fire back less you have to prove in court that you could not run away fast enough and avoid the threat...it seems like...

Here, criminals have the right-of-way.

Lucky you live in Texas.

"hum, fear not evil I shall"
"All things with Christ's strength I do"

Yoda quoting the Bible.

post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

Credit card, toothbrush, comb, fruit of the loom (2), t-shirt (2), jeans (1), socks(2), heated jacket liner, rain suit, winter pants, cell phone, heavy jacket.

Oh and Bourbon.....
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:11 PM
Seasoned Member

"I'm a Vanilla Ice man myself."
Shooter don't you mean Vanilla Ice Cream man? bwahahaha

Doug
GaTeach likes this.
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando View Post
Do share with us the carry-on scheme through the liberal-wacko states that don't allow firearm.

I understand you have to pack your iron in a locked container, unloaded and cannot put ammo on the same place. And that's why I carry a rock where I live, Sheet! I could throw a rock at somebody faster than I could organize a firearm defense under those restrictions.

Where I live, if you get shot less than five times in the heart, you best not fire back less you have to prove in court that you could not run away fast enough and avoid the threat...it seems like...

Here, criminals have the right-of-way.

Lucky you live in Texas.
NANDO!! Settle down. Now listen. Its called "Conceal Carry" for a reason. If you don't take it out and shake it at someone then nobody knows you have it. Do people come up and search you on a regular basis? No. What they can't see we won't bother them. I carried daily for 30 years before my state voted in CCW. Never got in trouble nor did anyone ever see it but me. Now if you are carrying illegally and need to use it just remember its better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 12:42 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Always carry my leather chaps and jacket when I'm not wearing them (no, I'm not ATGATT so don't bug me). Also carry the Frogg Togs when I'm local. Right side has mostly my wife's stuff plus a few straps and a reflective vest. Trunk holds a rubbermaid container with batteries, baggies, zip ties and other assorted items. When travelling, it also holds my cowboy hat.

When traveling long distance, I throw in the all-weather jumpsuits, electric vest and charging supplies for the electronics. Everything else goes in the trailer or rack pack.

Like others, I occasionally clean out the bags and boot to get rid of the accumulated excess.

Jeff Gallagher
2012 Goldwing Lvl II
1996 Goldwing SE
1993 Goldwing Interstate
www.lesstraveledroadsgw.WordPress.com

"If you can't annoy somebody with what you write, I think there is little point in writing." Kingsley Amis, British novelist, 1971
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:10 AM
Seasoned Member

I had to pull out my soft-ties on Thursday so the roll-back wrecker driver could load a friends trike on the truck. Always be prepared.

Randy Rainwater
'09 Columbia Blue Metallic
'02 Hot Rod Yellow - Motortrike kit '14
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 07:32 AM
Seasoned Member

Cell phone and a credit card.
ocpd44 likes this.

2008 gl1800 black abs, comfort pkg., nav, cb.
Kuryakyn centrefold (not my idea).

motorcyclist not a biker.
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 07:53 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyoneal View Post
My bags are normally packed with stuff. In the winter I always carry my heated gear(paints, jacket liner, and gloves(Hotwired)). I carry a small tool bag with the basics, two small flashlights, rain gear, Gopro, cell phone. Depending on the length of my trip I may carry a sleeping-bag and hammock/tent. I never leave without my Gold Book. I'm really bad about carrying things I don't need. So occasionally I'll go through it and take out the things I don't use but then I end up putting other things in it's place! I am considering a airpump of some kind but I have never had a flat on the road... So, do I want the extra weight and lost space.... maybe! If someone comes up with a system to figure out the things that really need to go with you, I'm listening!
You've done it now. Spoke to the pitcher throwing a no hitter. Flat coming soon.

If I could only carry one thing, it would be an air compressor & patch kit -- that's only one, right? Most likely easily resolvable roadside issue in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter F6B View Post
Bird , do they have thermos's in Canada?
I think they serve the maple syrup in them at the Tim Hortons. flat6bagger is right.
sandyoneal likes this.

This is my signature block. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My signature block is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page