Saddlebaggage - Page 5 - GL1800Riders
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 02:40 PM
Contributing Member

I started a new thread, but I have several methods of camping now and I'm kinda going through them to see what really suits me best. My first camper was a Scooter Schooner. I like it but it's hard to set up. Takes about 15 minutes. if I had to do it in the rain I'd probably get everything wet. but if you are at a base camp for several days it has a place to sit on the inside so you can stay dry. It has several compartments around the outside that are accessible with he unit closed. I like that! The second one is an Aspen Classic. The the weight is about same around 350lbs dry). it sets up in about 2-4 minutes depending on the weather conditions or how tired you are. It has lots of storage space under the bed and is accessible, not quite as easy as the Schooner, but you can get to your stuff with the tent up or down. The problem with the campers as I mentioned in my other thread is towing that weight around with you everywhere you go. I'm in the process of vetting a hammock system including a rain-fly and bug net by ENO. The jury is still out on that one and I'll have to use it a few times to work out the bugs. The upside is that it sets up easy, packs away easy, is light weight and you don't have the camper swinging around the curves behind you. I'll let you know how it works out in a couple of weeks. Watch the want adds for a system for sale!.

So to make this more about what I take along, I just bought a French Coffee Press. I'd never used one before and I tried it out this week and it makes **** good coffee if you follow the directions. I like my coffee strong and black (No jokes please). and a flashlight by Nebo. 15 bucks and it has adjustable brightness and a red light as well. So here are the pictures of the campers and the hammock.

The first two pictures are taken at Iron-horse Motorcycle Lodge in NC. The hammock picture was taken at Mitchel Lake in Al.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2141 (Edited).JPG
Views:	45
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	182665   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2373.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	182673   Click image for larger version

Name:	ENO Camp.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	182681  

Last edited by sandyoneal; 03-19-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 02:44 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyoneal View Post
I started a new thread, but I have several methods of camping now and I'm kinda going through them to see what really suits me best. My first camper was a Scooter Schooner. I like it but it's hard to set up. Takes about 15 minutes. if I had to do it in the rain I'd probably get everything wet. but if you are at a base camp for several days it has a place to sit on the inside so you can stay dry. It has several compartments around the outside that are accessible with he unit closed. I like that! The second one is an Aspen Classic. The the weight is about same around 350lbs dry). it sets up in about 2-4 minutes depending on the weather conditions or how tired you are. It has lots of storage space under the bed and is accessible, not quite as easy as the Schooner, but you can get to your stuff with the tent up or down. The problem with the campers as I mentioned in my other thread is towing that weight around with you everywhere you go. I'm in the process of vetting a hammock system including a rain-fly and bug net by ENO. The jury is still out on that one and I'll have to use it a few times to work out the bugs. The upside is that it sets up easy, packs away easy, is light weight and you don't have the camper swinging around the curves behind you. I'll let you know how it wokrs out in a couple of weeks. Watch the want adds for a system for sale!.

So to make this more about what I take along, I just bought a French Coffee Press. I'd never used one before and I tried it out this week and it makes **** good coffee if you follow the directions. I like my coffee strong and black (No jokes please). and a flashlight by Nebo. 15 bucks and it has adjustable brightness and a red light as well. So here are the pictures of the campers and the hammock.

The first two pictures are taken at Ironhorse Motercycle Lodge in NC. The hammock picture was taken at Mitchel Lake in Al.
I see my typos so you guys in the grammar/spelling squad just chill out and go get another cup of coffee.
post #43 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 02:49 PM
Contributing Member

My wife says I look like bear bate in the hammock!

post #44 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:10 PM
Seasoned Member

Geez Sandy, that's like carrying a house with ya! and bear-bait trait don't sound that funny.

Have you tried the Motel6 Camping grounds?

Blaberings: This year, with a GL, will be the first time since my last Wing when I have a trunk so I am expecting to carry more crap than I need. I can be a pack-rat.

"hum, fear not evil I shall"
"All things with Christ's strength I do"

Yoda quoting the Bible.
post #45 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Nice rigs Sandy. Food for thought.
post #46 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
I see my typos so you guys in the grammar/spelling squad just chill out and go get another cup of coffee.
This is not a problem on this site.
Being a grammar nazi is too stressful.
This is a no stress forum.

Doug
post #47 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter F6B View Post
Nice rigs Sandy. Food for thought.
One thought is: I could save a lot of motel bills for sure

Yoda quoting the Bible.
post #48 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando View Post
One thought is: I could save a lot of motel bills for sure
Dude you could live in that first one when your ole lady is on a rip.
post #49 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Seasoned Member

....."when you o' lady is on a rip" ROFL

...I might as well move in there then...

Yoda quoting the Bible.
post #50 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:16 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
While this is true, in almost all cases if you have the opportunity to leave a bad situation with all of your ammo, that is a good thing. I don't have to preach to the choir I'm sure but I carry my gun because of what I know. Being LEO will do that to you. I generally avoid states where guns are not welcome. Here is my rig. This is a XDS and the holster is a custom made, inside the pants style. I forget I have it on most of the time. I definitely carry concealed. If someone is going to do something stupid, they are going to take down the guy they know has the gun first. (Boy the gun haters sure are being quiet.)
If you're LEO (or retired) you have little to worry about anyway. HR218 allows LEOs and retired LEOs to carry anywhere in the US. Most folks don't have that privilege. However, most states have a "safe passage" law that allows folks to carry a firearm in their vehicle either in the trunk or passenger compartment. There are several books published that explain carry laws for residents and non-resident in each state. Definitely a cheap investment for those who carry.

Jeff Gallagher
2012 Goldwing Lvl II
1996 Goldwing SE
1993 Goldwing Interstate
www.lesstraveledroadsgw.WordPress.com

"If you can't annoy somebody with what you write, I think there is little point in writing." Kingsley Amis, British novelist, 1971

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page