Reminder about Kuryakyn Transformer passenger footboards - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Seasoned Member

Thank you so much for this post. I called Kuryakyn and had the new bracket in 2 days. You made a lot of people happy and showed that Kuryakyn is a creditable company, great customer service.

Darkside Rider #1215

195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy HP ZP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:49 AM
Seasoned Member

Just posting to move this back to the top and to report my good experience. I actually found my receipt from 2009 so to avoid the couple of questions 'skiwax' mentioned I just e-mailed Kuryakyn at the address listed in the recall notice, with my receipt attached (js@kuryakyn.com).

I e-mailed them Monday and last night (Wednesday) I received a reply from one of their call center phone techs (Gene) with a tracking number for the replacement brackets and a second e-mail with a $0.00 receipt. So, it probably took an extra day or two to do the e-mail thing, but they're on their way.

I imagine in lieu of a receipt, you could just attach a picture of your bracket(s) and that should answer any questions they have.

Thanks to the OP and glad Kuryakyn is a good company.

2006 Honda Goldwing Navi
2003 Valkyrie Standard
2002 Bushtec Quantum GL
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:47 AM
Seasoned Member

Thanks for bringing this issue back up. I took the photo a few yrs back on my park table of the replacements compared to the thinner older set.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CPT USAR Retired.
DS#722

Current rides: 2015 GL1800 Black/Red 40th Anniversery Edition Hannigan Trike (9,000 (s)miles) and 2007 Crucible Orange (142,000(s)miles).
Trike: Front- 180 Micelin Commander. Rear- Yokhama 195/55R16

2007: Rear: Michelin Primacy Alpin ZP 195/55/R16 @32psi
Front: Bridgestone Excedra G709 @ 41psi
Previous Rides:
96 GL 1500SE
84 GL1200
83 Yamaha 1300 Venture Royale
85 Yamaha 550 XT
81 Yamaha 400 Special
73 Yamaha 250 Enduro
Mark

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:25 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Got mine taken care of too. It's kind of nice because I had an ex-girlfriend who had custom made boots and however she got on the bike she scratched the heck out of that part on the left side and it looked terrible. Now that part will be new!

2006 ABS Gold (Built in U.S.A.), Full Mega Mondo Monte, Lots of extras! (3/25/2006) - PROGRESSIVIZED - Full Monte (Wing Ding 29) -WingSoft Large Complete Seat Modification, Full Mega Mondo Mega Plus Mega Monte.
Gold: The color with the most muscle! (Muscle and Fitness Magazine, June 2006, page 48 )

Fred Harmon's DVDs: The best and only DVDs you'll ever need for maintaining a GL1800
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:39 PM
Seasoned Member

New part looks funny with the rest of the foot rest having peeling chrome. They should of sent new part with the chrome peeling so as to match the rest of the foot rest.
William Anzik likes this.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:47 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUGH RIDER View Post
New part looks funny with the rest of the foot rest having peeling chrome. They should of sent new part with the chrome peeling so as to match the rest of the foot rest.
HA! That's a good point. Luckily mine aren't peeling. But all that stuff is pretty poor quality for the price.

2006 ABS Gold (Built in U.S.A.), Full Mega Mondo Monte, Lots of extras! (3/25/2006) - PROGRESSIVIZED - Full Monte (Wing Ding 29) -WingSoft Large Complete Seat Modification, Full Mega Mondo Mega Plus Mega Monte.
Gold: The color with the most muscle! (Muscle and Fitness Magazine, June 2006, page 48 )

Fred Harmon's DVDs: The best and only DVDs you'll ever need for maintaining a GL1800

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page