Sena 20S Dropping Incoming Calls - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Sena 20S Dropping Incoming Calls

My set-up is Sena 20S, iPhone 6S, and Zumo 660.

My goal is to send and receive calls through my Zumo so the phone can be stored out of the weather.

History. I have updated firmware on Sena to have the latest. Paired using method 3.

Problem. I am able to send calls directly using the Zumo. When I receive a call it answers then goes quiet after about 5 seconds but still holds the call (just no audio on either transmit or receive)

Send a "request" to Sena and awaiting their response. I did this exact thing using a SMH10 with no problems.

Any thoughts from the group.

Thanks
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Seasoned Member

The problem is not with your headset, it with you Zumo 600. The 600 is no longer being made by GARMIN and they have no more upgrades for it. The Bluetooth technology has passed it up and it will no longer work correctly with the new Bluetooth system. I had The same problem with my Zumo 665, dropping incoming calls. I call GARMIN up and they advised me they will not correct the problem and basically told me I had to buy an upgraded unit which I did,Zumo 595. This unit works properly on my bike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2012 PEARL WHITE GOLDWING-PAINT BY CHRIS CRUZ
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Not Happy

Fla-Orange that does not make me happy! (not unhappy with the messenger lol)

I re-set it up to run my phone through the Sena and everything works perfect.
Why o why can't they allow back connect.

I just want a safe way to answer a call while riding (being able to see who's calling is very important), most calls go to voicemail when riding, but if my wife or kids try and call.

Well time to go back to the drawing board.
Thanks for the info.
Brian

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:13 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
So the zumo 660 should work but doesn't.

I'll tell you what does work. Connect the iphone to the 20S. It works great. It's a little quirky to figure out what to push, spin, or say to get the 20S working, but once you break the code it is slick.

You could just disconnect the iphone / zumo, but I recommend you just delete the pairing so it doesn't pop up by accident. You will lose the dialer function on your zumo, but the 20S can do voice dilaing and speed dials.

I don't think the 660 does anything else through the smartphone than calls. Some of the later models with Smartphone Link get traffic and weather data and such. On those, instead of deleting the pairing, you want to go into the pairing on your smartphone and disable the phone profile so the data can keep flowing but your GPS will leave the phone alone for the 20S to use. That's how I roll on my nuvi 2797.

This is my signature block. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My signature block is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:25 AM
Seasoned Member

I have the same problem with the 20s, I had the original 10s when it gave up the ghost and I didn't change anything other than the Sena. I went back and forth with Sena, sent the 2 Sena units back for an exchange (they thought I had bad units) and still can't connect with the Zumo.

The only way I can take a call is to connect the Sena to the phone (iPhone), while I still have the Sena paired to the Zumo for navigation and music. I too wanted to see who was calling, now I have to mount the phone to the handlebar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hojo in SC
Iron Butt Association member 24485
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

**Update**

So I have been working with both Sena and Garmin.
I believe i have it working.
This is what i have done.
Sena 20S - revert to the original firmware then update again.
Garmin 660 - rest the GPS to factory (had to backup all favorites and re-import)
I have had one successful call, will continue to update but things are looking up.
Thanks
Brian
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvanklingeren View Post
So I have been working with both Sena and Garmin.
I believe i have it working.
This is what i have done.
Sena 20S - revert to the original firmware then update again.
Garmin 660 - rest the GPS to factory (had to backup all favorites and re-import)
I have had one successful call, will continue to update but things are looking up.
Thanks
Brian
You might jut be lucky, I did just that on 4 different Sena units with no luck (with the Garmin reset)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hojo in SC
Iron Butt Association member 24485

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page