No Indian in my future - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 10:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
ARRRrrrrgh... What 'be wrong with dressin' like a pirate? (and I've never owned a Harley).

Jim
Nothing wrong with dressin' like a pirate especially when it's a member of the opposite sex.
Duckster likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 11:00 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLblinded View Post
ROFLMAO, I'm pressured into 'merchandising-customizing-pirate look-rallies-et all, and I don't even own one. Boys will be boys. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

I think I'd run an HD if I was wanting a v-twin of that style. But that Kawi is a good idea too. I would have considered the Victory the go to v-twin, but 'marketing' killed that one. It's too bad Buell and Victory among others can't make it. So, for peace of mind it would be an HD. But I'd be fighting the pirate-way all the time. LOL. Too funny.
Yeah, you sure as he11 don't want to own a motorcycle thats owned by people like that !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldwingers.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	185649   Click image for larger version

Name:	GW owners.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	185657  

Cuda 383 4 speed Shaker Corvette Stingray 3LT 6.2L 455hp
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Hot Dang. I knew you would show up. I told GL to not start that stuff. LMAO

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer57 View Post
Yeah, you sure as he11 don't want to own a motorcycle thats owned by people like that !!
Hey, you posted that before, didn't you !!! I've seen that before anyhow. STILL LMAO, thanks.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 01:21 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter F6B View Post
Hot Dang. I knew you would show up. I told GL to not start that stuff. LMAO
Not really, you've accused me of being a drug user, and then threatened a retribution of some kind by your freind, after the post is done. That is not telling me to not start something.

To the original poster, I hope you find a ride that fits you to a "T", and give's you many years of service. 'blinded out !!
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 02:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler46 View Post
If someone is interested in replacing their Wing with a V-twin, I question why not Kawasaki's Voyager. 103 inch liquid cooled 6 speed, frame mounted fairing for 10 grand less than a HD or Indian. I owned a 2011 Vaquero and enjoyed the bike. I haven't ridden the Indians but have ridden the Harleys and IMO, there isn't anything about the HD that made them worth $10,000 more.
Because they are top heavy as heck!
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Before I bought my GW last summer I did take a demo ride on a new Harley Road Glide Ultra Low, which was priced right about the same as my GW ABS was. The HD was a nice ride, and my wife did find the passenger accommodations very comfortable, but..... the vibration at idle was not to my liking, the weight of the bike without a reverse gear was less than ideal, and overall it just dropped out of my consideration within thirty seconds of trying the Goldwing. It did have a few things I wish the GW had, including a 6th gear, touchscreen display, and Bluetooth connectivity.

Retired U.S. Army and now FULLY retired!
Former Instructor with the MSF
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Before I bought my GW last summer I did take a demo ride on a new Harley Road Glide Ultra Low, which was priced right about the same as my GW ABS was. The HD was a nice ride, and my wife did find the passenger accommodations very comfortable, but..... the vibration at idle was not to my liking, the weight of the bike without a reverse gear was less than ideal, and overall it just dropped out of my consideration within thirty seconds of trying the Goldwing. It did have a few things I wish the GW had, including a 6th gear, touchscreen display, and Bluetooth connectivity.
I bet if you tried out the new Milwaukee 8 engine on the 2017 Harley, you would have liked the engine smoothness?
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
I bet if you tried out the new Milwaukee 8 engine on the 2017 Harley, you would have liked the engine smoothness and power compared to the previous Twin Cam engine?
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 12:43 AM
Seasoned Member

I like the "idea of owning a Harley", but I've never found a model that I want.

I feel the same way about restaurants. I like the "idea" of taking my wife to a nice restaurant, but I can't find anything on their menu that I actually want to eat.

(The Indian Scout is the only Indian model that I would consider. The other models just don't appeal to me.)

2016 Goldwing (Candy Orange)
2009 Goldwing (Black Cherry) - FOR SALE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page