Wing Ding - GL1800Riders
 102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Wing Ding

If you are staying at the Gaylord, there is a $10 parking fee plus on top of your room cost. That parking fee has been negotiated down from $18.50/day to $10 a day. This fee is imposed by the Hotel Parking Management, not GWRRA. For those who are not staying on the property, maybe staying at a different hotel or camping, we wanted to give you the opportunity to have in and out parking privileges for a flat fee of $50 for the duration of the event. That means you could go in during the morning, go out on a ride, come back in and the cost is included within this parking pass for the five days. With their current parking fee structure, without either staying on the property or buying this parking pass, you would pay $10 each time you went in and parked each time - even if you parked, then brought your bike into the building for service and then went back out to park. We, GWRRA, felt that was unfair for anyone staying off property and negotiated this parking pass option. This negotiated price was done with our Members best interest in mind. This gives you, our Member, the best possible option under the circumstances. These $50 parking passes can be purchased at the Valet desk inside the lobby of the Gaylord. For those staying at the Gaylord, simply use your room key to gain access to the parking areas.
William Anzik likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Seasoned Member

I would suggest that GWRRA find Host Hotels that do NOT charge for parking. I don't really care about the Hotel that much BUT, having to pay for parking to attend GWRRA sessions needs to looked at VERY closely (and eliminated).

While I appreciate that GWRRA was able to "get a deal", a better deal would be "no charge".
post #3 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Wow that doesn't sound very inviting. I may forgo this Wing Ding if that's the game rules.

post #4 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:46 PM
Seasoned Member

Or just hold the event at some county fairground where the parking would be plentiful, free, and the local community would even benefit financially from the event. That could be a win - win.

I've stayed at the Gaylord on company business and it is nice, but I'm not paying those kind of rates. I would like to go to Wing Ding once and see what it's like but even though only 200-250 miles from me, I'll pass I suppose.
brcisna and Dave.David969 like this.

2012 Level 2
Michelin ZP rear tire
Centramatics, Traxxion AK20s and Triple Tree WindBender w/rake
Hannigan GL Trailer
2016 Rollahome Camper
post #5 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:16 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbalzer View Post
Or just hold the event at some county fairground where the parking would be plentiful, free, and the local community would even benefit financially from the event. That could be a win - win.

I've stayed at the Gaylord on company business and it is nice, but I'm not paying those kind of rates. I would like to go to Wing Ding once and see what it's like but even though only 200-250 miles from me, I'll pass I suppose.
Ah, like the fairground at Billings? I seem to recall that worked rather well.
post #6 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Seasoned Member

I wonder what gets kicked back to the GWRRA in either freebies or cash. This type of thing is why members are leaving, the wrong folks(members) are being charged. It would seem to me that the cost for parking, police to secure the lots and protect our bikes would be included in the relatively high registration fee. After all the vendors have to pay a high premium to rent space and probably a portion of their take in addition to whatever taxes they pay to Texas.

Just the room rates are exorbitant! I mean is a bed and bath really worth what they are asking. And if you have to invest two, three days, or more to travel there you have already spent a good deal of money, Why doesn't GWRRA find ways to make it cheaper?
Nando likes this.

Harvey
04 GL1800
Ride Safe and Ride Often
post #7 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to beckhardt
I understand GWRRA must fulfill a contract signed years ago with the Gaylord properties by X date. That would explain the location. Texas in August? Um, I don't think so.
jsrinhsv and Nando like this.
post #8 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:24 AM
Seasoned Member

We stopped going to WD's years ago (except for a few years ago when it was in Madison). It was fun years ago when they didn't have all their rules that have to be followed.

T.A. Jens
The Pizza Man
06 White Goldwing Champion Trike
05 Bunkhouse Camper
06 Breeze Cargo Trailer
Life member of GWRRA

post #9 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:25 AM
Seasoned Member

Stopped attending GWRRA functions quite a while back...I was a member for about 3 years and never really saw any benefit to belonging.

2008-HPNA (RED)
1988 Bunkhouse Trailer/Camper
Darkside #1720

post #10 of 122 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800 06 Champion View Post
We stopped going to WD's years ago (except for a few years ago when it was in Madison). It was fun years ago when they didn't have all their rules that have to be followed.
We went to Madison also. (It was our first Wing Ding actually,) after buying our new F6B. Kind of like the Valkyries I owned previously I didn't really own a "real" Gold Wing and we felt somewhat out of place both due to our relatively younger ages, lack of matching apparel and stuffed animals on our bike. Truly the only reason I went was for the vendor area and that part of the event met all expectations.

Now that I have a full Wing things may be a bit different, but still the age gap, lack of matching clothing and stuffed animals remain.
If another one was held closer to me or at a destination I was interested in I would go for a day for the vendor area but that's about it.
Walrus, bbalzer and HG like this.

Previous Honda's Include:
1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer
2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate
2013 Honda F6B

Firefighter for over 27 years, follower of Christ.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page