Crash ... - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b206driver View Post
A few months ago, Baggers Magazine published an article about helmet use. I wrote a letter to the editor commenting on the piece and they published it. See the June issue of Baggers magazine......1st letter.
Why don't you cut and paste your letter here? We would like to read it.

2016 Goldwing (Candy Orange)
2009 Goldwing (Black Cherry) - FOR SALE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Fine ... let them ride NUDE if they wish ... just don't scream "HELP ME!!!!" to me when you crash ...

Scooter ... I'd still wear helmet, jacket, gloves, jeans and leather shoes at the least.

Tom Batt ... the "FROGG TOGGS GUY"
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgent View Post
Fine ... let them ride NUDE if they wish ... just don't scream "HELP ME!!!!" to me when you crash ...

Scooter ... I'd still wear helmet, jacket, gloves, jeans and leather shoes at the least.
Glad the accident victim's injuries were relatively minor. She was very fortunate to have someone like you on the scene. No doubt in my mind that if the same thing were to happen next week, you'd be willing to stop and help regardless of whether the victim was ATGATT or not.

2016 Goldwing (Candy Orange)
2009 Goldwing (Black Cherry) - FOR SALE

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Seasoned Member

Good to hear nobody was seriuosly hurt.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:31 PM
Contributing Member

Reason there were so many extra cops etc involved, They get paid per call. Easy $$$$ If we have a small fire here it looks like every police & fire fighter in the state shows up.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:37 PM
Seasoned Member

ATGATT is a bit excessive for a small scooter. (the 30 mph max speed kind)

A 1/2 helmet, real shoes, jeans and a long shirt is probably about the most you'll ever see.

When you think about it...cyclist wear a helmet and underwear and hit 30 mph on skinny tires. Just wearing a helmet on a scooter is probably a good start.
Rapidray likes this.

Current Stable:
2016 KTM Super Duke GT
2015 Honda Grom
2015 Yamaha FZ-09
2013 Honda GL1800 ABS
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Track)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Track)

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:03 PM

The scooter operators in Wi, don't even have to wear eye protection. How dumb is that? A big ole junebug in the eye, or a bee is probably enough to take them down. Apparently they think they won't get seriously hurt, because they are "just on a scooter"
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:10 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
The ground does not care if your riding a Goldwing or a Moped....fall at 30mph on either no difference...unless the bike falls on top of you...Nice you stopped and help them...with age comes wisdom...sometimes
age comes alone.

John
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 06:57 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGDJR View Post
The ground does not care if your riding a Goldwing or a Moped....fall at 30mph on either no difference...unless the bike falls on top of you...Nice you stopped and help them...with age comes wisdom...sometimes
age comes alone.

John

Keep doing stupid stuff on a bike, moped or unicycle and there is no guarantee that they will age long enough to gain wisdom.
I was coming home from work the other day and the crotch rocket next to me stalled off of the line. He passed me at 60 mph ( in a 35 mph zone) doing a wheelie. I guess to make a point. When he came down, he was wiggling the bars but caught it. I'm guessing that flip-flops, muscle shirt and shorts would have left a bloody stump for the fire dept. to hose off later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The most disappointing part of being self employed is that I still have a jerk for a boss.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spummerr View Post
Reason there were so many extra cops etc involved, They get paid per call. Easy $$$$ If we have a small fire here it looks like every police & fire fighter in the state shows up.
I have no problem with that. Two reasons, one, you never know what it is until you get there, two if its just a small fire it is unlikely to spread.

Where I live (small southern town) the response time for the fire department is excellent. I can hear the siren sound (in the town square) and turn on the scanner and listen to the responses. I am impressed and pleased. The sooner you get educated eyes on the issue, the sooner the appropriate reactions will take place.

Besides being trained in responses to fires, they are also trained in first aid, they can be considered first responders and are more likely than the average person to be able to mitigate injuries. Then there is the issue of crowd control. So many reasons to have as short a response time as possible. None of them bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page