GL1800Riders Forums banner

Russell Day Long Seat

4K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Tisunac 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever seen the people from RDL seat company at motorcycle expos, like WingDing, Americade or any others? I would like to see and sit on one of their seats. If someone in central Indiana has one that I could try give me a shout.

#2 ·
Not that I go that often, but I have never seen RDL at any events.

IMO, RDLs are built to physical specifications of the rider that will be sitting on it. Thus, an RDL built for one person might not feel comfortable to another.

That being said, I know many that have them, and have had three myself. Never have heard an RDL owner ever complain as to the comfort of the seat.

But, then again, I have not met every RDL buyer and most consider me a "Russell Day Long sycophant". For me, there is no other choice.

#3 ·
Rdl

I do not believe they go to shows or events.

I rode to Redding CA to have mine made. Extra $80.00 bucks but one day service. You have to setup an appointment for one day service.

They do not have pre-made seats setting around. Each one is custom made. They did have a stock loaner seat so I was able to run around the area while they made my seat.

Nice folks.

Rayjoe

#4 ·
I have to agree with ptgb. Not many, if any hate their RDL Saddles. I've had 2 of them. Loved them! I can't justify spending the money on them anymore. Custom seats have just gotten to expensive.

#7 ·
I had one on my 2000 GL1500 and it was very good. I was having some lower back pain and we just happened to be in California. So I called them and went by their place of business. They added some padding to give me some extra support for my lower back and I was very comfortable for the rest of our trip. We were on the SCMA four corners ride. I would like to have another one but I just don't ride those long days anymore.

#13 ·
Is there anybody with a RDL or Ultimate or any other aftermarket seat that's close to me (central Virginia)? I would like to see one, maybe sit on the seat, get a feel for it.
I'm 6'3" and would like to do a bit more research before spending money on an aftermarket seat.

Thank you!...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.