Windshield Survey - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:23 PM
Contributing Member

tulsa tall, OEM. LRS taka recurve

My new to me 2002 came installed with a Tulsa tall, I liked that shield. excellent for blocking the wind and rain, however even with the vent was a little hot in the summer. and I did not like looking through the shield in the rain.Like the F4 it installed in the 4th ratchet position and is not adjustable. 3/8" thick well constructed. Still being made in Evansville In. some shields in stock several options with different shields they might need a few
days to manufacture. Here is a link

http://www.buzzfile.com/business/All...s-812-423-9730

Went back to the stock shield with no vent to get a little more air in the hair. Too much buffeting and not good in the rain.
Didn't like it at all except it was movable and I could look through it.

I'm now on a LRS taka recurve; 18" which is 2" shorter than stock tinted with a vent. Thanks to bblazer!!
I like this one best of all!! A lot less buffeting than stock I look over it by a good 3" on the bottom position, I have not ridden this on in the rain yet. I only ride solo so that might be a consideration, However this one is a keeper for my style riding!!
bbalzer likes this.

Better to travel the right road alone than follow a crowd going the wrong direction.

Managers do things right, Leaders do the right thing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:27 PM
Seasoned Member

windshield

Nothing but Optic Armor for me. Best windshield on the planet, in my humble opinion. Been riding Wings for 40 yrs and will have nothing but Optic Armor. Just my 2 cents worth.

JB (aka:Txwingman)
somewhere in Texas

GWRRA _ life member
TMRA - life member
AMA - life member
IBA # 1626
N. Texas PGR
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:05 PM
Seasoned Member

Windbender HPS and rake kit - no reason to look at anything else for me. Totally satisfied.

post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I had stock, Tulsa Freedom Slide and now a Vstream from National Cycle. I like the Vstream the best. I've seen some others and didn't like them - seemed flimsy. The F4 looks like it might be ok - lots of people like those. But I'm sticking with my Vstream.

2006 ABS Gold (Built in U.S.A.), Full Mega Mondo Monte, Lots of extras! (3/25/2006) - PROGRESSIVIZED - Full Monte (Wing Ding 29) -WingSoft Large Complete Seat Modification, Full Mega Mondo Mega Plus Mega Monte.
Gold: The color with the most muscle! (Muscle and Fitness Magazine, June 2006, page 48 )

Fred Harmon's DVDs: The best and only DVDs you'll ever need for maintaining a GL1800
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:04 PM
Seasoned Member

F4+4--I'll look through it for the extra protection.

2010 Black Goldwing w/ 2015 CSC Cobra XL Trike Conversion: Traxxion, Centramatics
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txwingman View Post
Nothing but Optic Armor for me. Best windshield on the planet, in my humble opinion. Been riding Wings for 40 yrs and will have nothing but Optic Armor. Just my 2 cents worth.
Same here - Optic Armor is great. Got a +4 option, best protection for the passenger, you can clean it with ANYTHING, extremely scratch resistant, thicker material, can see through it while raining just fine. Never tried F4, it should be very similar (but for more money).

Optic Armor +4 with vent.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:16 PM
Seasoned Member

I have Clearview's on all my bikes.

2002 GL 1800
2012 650 Suzuki Burgman Trike
2006 650 Suzuki Burgman Standard
1989 Honda PC 800
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Seasoned Member

Windbender HPS for me. I hate looking through a shield plus it throws the airflow over our heads. Wife has never complained.
BretC likes this.

06 Wing
Darkside #389
Kumho RF 195/55/16
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:00 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq View Post
Windshields are like tires and oil everyone has a preference. I use a F4 + 4. Use what you like.
F4 is the best! No scratches improves visibility. That's safety and no worries about what you clean it with or what diretion you wipe for that matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2001 GL1800 Illusion Red

Time's fun when your having flies!
"Summer's lease hath all too short a date"--Bill
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:47 PM

LSR Taka recurve

I put on the stock hieght this winter got about 2000 miles on it so far ,i like it over the stock shield and wife says it is much better in the wind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page