GL1800Riders Forums banner

Nicky Hayden

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  gwbob 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Guy spends his life racing motorcycles at 200 MPH, survives countless crashes at 100+ and dies on a bicycle probably going under 30.

Just seems extremely ironic to me but I guess in reality, he was probably better prepared and protected on the racetrack than he was on his bicycle.

RIP Nicky. He was a great personality in the paddock and will be missed by those who knew him.

#9 ·
My first thoughts as well and very ironic. As you said, he was probably always so prepared and safety conscious on the motorcycle. Who would think that you would be killed like that on a bicycle. So very sad. I think Nicky did a great little Wing video clip a few years back and saying great things about it. Yes RIP Nicky

#10 ·
Ride On, Kentucky Kid! Ride hard, like you always did.

I'll never forget the early GL1800 commercial that he did. You can still catch it on Youtube.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

#12 ·
If a cell phone was involved in this accident, and if that person was texting, I hope that he or she will live agonizing, tormented sleepless nights for the rest of his/her ******-up life. I hope that nothing but bad things would come their way from now on.

I'm an avid bicyclist and I see the craziest things from cell phone users while driving.

RIP Nicky and I pray that the Lord will cradle you in the palm of His hand.

#13 ·
Very sad news! When I heard about Nicky's accident I was working at Dunlop tire test with Moto America at Pittsburgh raceway and Roger Lee did the 1st practice in the morning then withdrew for the rest of the day once he got the sad news. The whole pit/garage area mood changed. Loved Nicky's power sliding superbikes and motoGP bikes!! RIP Nicky #69

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.