GL1800Riders Forums banner

New communication system

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Crookster 
#1 ·
found this new comm system. What do you think? I am not too tecky so I think I can get this one to work.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It wasn't that big and bulky, but that is very similar to one of the first non electronic rider passenger communication systems of the late 70 early 80 era. Don't remember who sold it but it worked fairly well for its time. It was hard to keep in place but it worked.

#6 ·
I think I know the one you are talking about, I had it for about 35 years, Two sections of plastic tubing molded together with ear pieces that wrapped around the top off ear and inserted small silicone ear plugs & for speaker boom it had little black plastic spoons. The hoses plugged into each other about half way the length of them so you unplugged them when you got off M/C to separate driver and passenger. Absolutely trouble free forever!!

They were used by NASA on the first space flights. Best intercom I have ever used. It was like passenger was in your Head. cost was only about $10.00. I just got rid of mine a few years ago and wish I still had it.

Can't member the name but someone should re-make them, I think the market for it would be much larger now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.