Bushtec Trailers Under New Ownership - GL1800Riders
 13Likes
  • 4 Post By Johnny S
  • 9 Post By Lewis/EC

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Bushtec Trailers Under New Ownership

Maybe I'm the last to know, but the July GWRRA rag published a short article (spelling Bushtec wrong) stating that the company has been acquired by BMT Manufacturing, LLC. I also read somewhere else that a Preston family member is the new GM. Hopefully, the service will return to the way it was in the old days before John sold the company.
I thought this was of more interest than it might get on the trailer board as many of us own Bushtec trailers or hitches. Pardon me if I broke any rules by posting on the General Message board.

Johnny S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny S View Post
Maybe I'm the last to know, but the July GWRRA rag published a short article (spelling Bushtec wrong) stating that the company has been acquired by BMT Manufacturing, LLC. I also read somewhere else that a Preston family member is the new GM. Hopefully, the service will return to the way it was in the old days before John sold the company.
I thought this was of more interest than it might get on the trailer board as many of us own Bushtec trailers or hitches. Pardon me if I broke any rules by posting on the General Message board.

Johnny S
And, when they bought out Bunkhouse, the prices went up and the quality and service suffered.
I sure hope the Preston's get it back together.

2012 Pearl White GL1800
AMA Life Member
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Dn
Seasoned Member

Andy Preston and Keith will pull it all together. A great Company and a great product.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:07 AM
Seasoned Member

Wow! That didn't last long, did it?

The Bushtec name seemed to just disappear shortly after John passed away. I have not heard anything, neither good or bad about the company in quite some time.

It's nice to see that the family has reacquired the company. (If it is true) The Prestons have been a big contributor to the touring community for a long time, and well respected.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:55 AM
Seasoned Member

I don't know if the Preston's bought back Bushtec or if they are working for the new owner. I only know that Andrew Preston is a stand up guy and the company will be better off with him in a managerial position.

RIP BEVERLY
2008 Titanium,1999 Valkyrie Tourer
2005 Bushtec Quantum GL
Darksider #62
AMA Life Member
Patriot Guard Rider
Florida Honorary Prowler #70
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:34 AM
Seasoned Member

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Andrew never left but stayed with the company when it was sold the first time. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think I talked with him when I called Bushtec after it had been sold. I never knew what his position was if my memory is correct.

'08 with '12 MT Adventure kit and '10 with '12 MT Adventure kit. 1,000,000 miles August, 2015
DISCLAIMER: All post are my personal opinion and are in no way intended to reflect on or change the opinions of others.

Last edited by awingnut105; 06-19-2017 at 07:38 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 08:13 AM
Seasoned Member

I believe Andrew was there for a short time as was his father(RIP) for a very short time and then they both left.

RIP BEVERLY
2008 Titanium,1999 Valkyrie Tourer
2005 Bushtec Quantum GL
Darksider #62
AMA Life Member
Patriot Guard Rider
Florida Honorary Prowler #70
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Here is the official scoop.

Dad was 'let go' several months into his contract with the new owners. Andy was let go just before a year into new ownership. Mind you, this was 8 years ago.

Andy went on to work for a business project company outside the motorcycles, becoming one of the senior project managers. He never lost his lust for the motorcycle industry.

The new and current owners took control right before Daytona Bike Week. Andy joined the team about a month later. They are working through issues, updates, etc to get the product to where it was pre-buyout. He has quite a task ahead of him.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis/EC View Post
Here is the official scoop.

Dad was 'let go' several months into his contract with the new owners. Andy was let go just before a year into new ownership. Mind you, this was 8 years ago.

Andy went on to work for a business project company outside the motorcycles, becoming one of the senior project managers. He never lost his lust for the motorcycle industry.

The new and current owners took control right before Daytona Bike Week. Andy joined the team about a month later. They are working through issues, updates, etc to get the product to where it was pre-buyout. He has quite a task ahead of him.
I certainly hope he can help unravel all the problems and establish some communication between the people working there as well as between the company and their customers. That always seemed to me to be one of their biggest problems. I called while back to find where on their website the bolt-on heim pin appeared and no one could find it.

Johnny
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:19 PM
Seasoned Member

I know both Andy and Keith, they'll make a great team!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2012 PEARL WHITE GOLDWING-PAINT BY CHRIS CRUZ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page