GL1800Riders Forums banner

Windscreen vent

559 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  bluestone 
#1 ·
I have a 07 Airbag model, that has the vent in the windscreen.
My previous Goldwing had no vent, but I always thought it sounded like a great idea.
For me, it is, to a point.
I would imagine mine is like all the others, that opens from the top, down.
On the super hot days, I get plenty of wind from my chest, on up. Where I need the air to be blowing,
is down to the seat area.
Does anyone make a vent that opens from the bottom, up?
Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
They all open from the top. Another advantage to the vent is it helps with the buffeting from the windshield when it's open.
You may be able to fabricate a deflector to force the air downward. A piece of plastic and some heavy duty velcro.

#5 ·
My opinion windshield vent is worthless, my 02 came with no vent, later switched to a stock windshield with vent, it was useless on a hot day just blows hot air, later switched back to stock non vented windshield, no more cleaning that lousy vent and no more close up vision blocked by worthless vent. But lots of folks do use and like the vent !

#6 ·
I just use the vent for getting rid of turbulence at my helmet. I don't have the wings mounted to the mirrors, I guess it helps, but not high on my list of things to buy. As for the heat at the seat, it's not much fun, but coming from riding a Harley for many years, the goldwing isn't too bad.

#8 ·
I just placed my old OEM vent into my new F4 +0. Dropped two rubber grommets into the abyss though. I think it was a symmetrical hole on the OEM. If so, you should be able to take yours out and install it "upside-down".

#9 ·
Two suggestions for you: First, as others have noted wing "wings" on the side of the bike really help. Look into Baker Built Hand Wings. These are great. Keep you hands warm in the winter time and direct air flow to your body when you want it.

Next, for the hot seat, look into seat beads. I got the Ultimate Seat Beads from BeadRider. These really, really help both temperature and comfort.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.