Mobil 1 racing 4t Oil (WOW) - GL1800Riders
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Mobil 1 racing 4t Oil (WOW)

I changed the oil on my 09 GW today, to Mobil 1 racing 4t and an OEM filter , (Made in Japan). From whatever Oil the factory installs when new.

And WOW, am I dreaming My Goldwing seems to have gained Horse Power, smooth, changes gears like a Lexus. I don't know what Mobil 1 puts in the Oil but I am impressed.

My GW will live it's life on Mobil 1 racing 4t. Thank you Mobil for making a product that is really worth the money.

No, I don't work for Mobil, in case you asked.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Perry
Don't let you know who get a snoot of this

And +1 on the Mobil 1

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Supporting Vendor
Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is recommended for four-cycle motorcycles which specify the use of a 10W-40 engine oil. It provides excellent performance in motorcycle engines that are designed with a common engine/transmission lubrication system or where the engine lubrication system is separate from the transmission system. In the case of the latter, follow the manufacturer's recommendation for the type of fluid to be used in the transmission. Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 engine oil is also designed to provide the proper frictional characteristics necessary for wet-clutch engine/transmission systems. Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 exceeds the requirements of API Service Categories SH, SG/CF, CD, JASO MA and has been fully tested, both on laboratory dynamometers and in the field, to provide optimum horsepower and acceleration.

Christmas sale currently in effect

GL1800 Maintenance Videos (20 DVD set)
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Contributing Member
Where did you buy this oil and what's it's cost, I'm not real happy with the AMS oil that I'm using, the transmission doesn't shift that smooth. I'd like to try the 4t.

York, Pa
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Autozone auto parts $9.50, some Walmarts $8.99 and on online, and others.
But if you have to pay shipping online, you may as well buy local.

I called Mobil customer service and was told it would be fine for the Goldwing, as Fred has a statement from Mobil on his post here.

Thanks Fred.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:29 AM

By the way, I found the Mobil1 Oil information from other GL1800 board members here, and on their recommendation I tired it, and am very happy I did.

I did not want to take credit for finding the Mobil 1 Oil for our Goldwings that others have used for a while.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Seasoned Member
It ain't the oil, it's the new crush washer. You did change the crush washer didn't you?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by White Gold View Post
It ain't the oil, it's the new crush washer. You did change the crush washer didn't you?
I've used Mobil 1 4T Racing in both VTX and the Wing. However, this time I did NOT change the crush washer. I fully inspected it, measured it with a micrometer, compared that reading to a new crush washer (Yes I bought some from Hal!!!), and found that I still had more than 15/16 crushability left in the old washer!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Seasoned Member
"15/16 crushability left "

HAHA!!! I think you must have picked up and measured your donut by mistake. You gotta keep those work benches clean ya know.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Seasoned Member
Can you provide a source of the Japanese produced OEM filters? I'd like to get some of those as they seem to have a far better spec than the US version?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page