GL1800Riders - View Single Post - new to forum, need to hear from ex harley riders.
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:56 AM
grayelky
Seasoned Member

You have to decide what is important to you. Buy a 2008 Goldwing, which was made in Ohio, and the the "Harley life" crowd will likely abandon you. You want a lot of power, great brakes and decent (maybe even very good) handling? Buy the Wing. My first GL1800 was a 2006. I currently ride a 2008 w/ ABS. Every time I ride, I still get a big grin and an awesome sense of satisfaction, knowing just about any thing on the road can be found in my rear view mirror with a twist of the wrist. That 130 mile commute will turn into play time. You may even discover you like the quietness of the Wing when it is just the 2 of you. Comfort? I'm 6'1", 240 lbs., 31" inseam. I now have a seat made for me, and with Mic O Pegs, I can literallly ride for 12 hours, if I choose to. Or just want to. Sounds to me you have about gotten yourself talked into trying a Wing. If you don't think you will be content on an Old Man's Bike, don't ride one. Oh, and some of us old guys are not that easy to keep up with on our Old Man Bike.

'08 Pearl White GL1800, ABS, NAV, '97 Bushtec Genesis, Pearl white.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome